Why Don't Macs Use Normal Mice And Keyboards?

Razors Edge

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

I think the last Apple computer I used was seriously the Apple IIE.  I was in grade school.  I have been all PC.  I do love ipads and iphones though.  

First computer I used was a Commodore 64, I wasn't to say 1985. It was in school, but my friend down the street had one. His dad bought all the latest technology. Computer, VCR, cordless phone.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We had one, I didn’t think we needed it but my wife bought it. I wasn’t really onboard for home computers until the internet was available.

I used a computer at home for writing essays for school. I'm glad there was no internet then :)

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

I used a computer at home for writing essays for school. I'm glad there was no internet then :)

When my son was in college we only had one computer connected to the printer. I don’t remember why. My son came home from a date and I was on the computer in a chat room. He said: “Hey dad I need to use the computer for a few minutes, I have a paper I have to do for school tomorrow.” I asked him if I could watch and he said sure. He put this paper he had to do together so fast it was amazing. He was on the dean’s list so I guess they liked his work.

• Heart 2

21 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

When my son was in college we only had one computer connected to the printer. I don’t remember why. My son came home from a date and I was on the computer in a chat room. He said: “Hey dad I need to use the computer for a few minutes, I have a paper I have to do for school tomorrow.” I asked him if I could watch and he said sure. He put this paper he had to do together so fast it was amazing. He was on the dean’s list so I guess they liked his work.

When I wrote papers, I wrote them incorrectly. I would just sit down and start typing my thoughts :D as opposed to writing an outline first. The computer made writing easier for me because I could cut & paste things around.

• Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I wrote them incorrectly. I would just sit down and start typing my thoughts :D as opposed to writing an outline first. T

You know I have something to say about this. At the risk of outing myself as a writing geek, there’s nothing incorrect about getting your thoughts down, revision, and then outlining to verify. 

• Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

You know I have something to say about this. At the risk of outing myself as a writing geek, there’s nothing incorrect about getting your thoughts down, revision, and then outlining to verify. 

You would of been a better teacher than who I had. Not every essay needed an outline, but I do recall having to turn an outline in. I wrote them after the fact :whistle:

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

90s:whistle:  but I understand :D I never was big into writing, but after taking two required college classes, eng 131 & 132, I learned quick how not to write lol.

This writing process discussion parallels the Mac / PC discussion. Mac was designed to be “intuitive,” whereas PC is designed for traditional user interface. So, we’re not really hijacking this topic. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

Don't think I ever really used a written outline, but maybe on a book chapter, while trying to make sense of what I had compiled. Remember I am old, and computers and HP calculators were coming into being as I finished college in the mid-70s.

• Heart 1