Jump to content

My view right now


Further
 Share

Recommended Posts

Life seems like a rat race collecting stuff we don't really need followed by a rat race of people getting rid of that stuff after we're gone.  

I need to go on a "stuff diet" and purge purge purge, but right now, it's enough effort just to pare it all down a little.  :dontknow:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know anyone who has a garage that big. All the garages of friends and family, are tight and just for car(s) and bikes/hand tools.

I have enough stuff still in VAncovuer.... a long story I'd rather not get  into. But for sure, too much physical assets can be a pain in the butt.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

What is that lumber going to become?

The stuff next to the window used to be my raised bed frame, it got re configured as a compost pile containment that I have to go try fit around the compost pile.

There is a stack of wood behind me that waiting rebirth, some cedar that will become a trellis for the roses, some bit and pieces of oak, maple, and ash that really I'm just learning to use.

Here is a pic of a stand I built out of construction lumber, prolly use it for a planer stand, but I really made to try out ideas and methods for building a kitchen island

IMG_5190.thumb.JPG.aaf2e78a7e2d8230b74c3934a61994d1.JPG

Right now it has my table saw works sitting on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Life seems like a rat race collecting stuff we don't really need followed by a rat race of people getting rid of that stuff after we're gone.  

I need to go on a "stuff diet" and purge purge purge, but right now, it's enough effort just to pare it all down a little.  :dontknow:

I'm still accumulating, not as a collector, but there are some things I'd like to do, and I need the equipment to accomplish them. 

An auction will handle getting rid of the stuff. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

don't know anyone who has a garage that big

I have a three car garage that hasn’t had a car in it for twenty years. The first and second bay was my workshop with all my woodworking tools and workbench. The third bay has a zero turn, a trim mower, two rototillers, a snow blower, air compressor, and some bikes. I have three kayaks stored in my workshop along with my fishing stuff, PFDs, and paddles.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I don't know anyone who has a garage that big.

A high school classmate of mine has a garage big enough to hold two complete 18 wheeler trucks with room to spare and this is in his country home. A few years ago he held both our high school reunion and a party for his employees in it at the same time.

In high school Jack worked as a grave digger at a black cemetery. He was the only white guy there. This was around 1970 when race relations were much worse than now. He said that he learned a lot of valuable  life lessons working there. He wound up owning two banks, a concrete company, a construction firm, plus a few other things. A super hard worker and pretty bright guy.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

A high school classmate of mine has a garage big enough to hold two complete 18 wheeler trucks with room to spare and this is in his country home. A few years ago he held both our high school reunion and a party for his employees in it at the same time.

In high school Jack worked as a grave digger at a black cemetery. He was the only white guy there. This was around 1970 when race relations were much worse than now. He said that he learned a lot of valuable  life lessons working there. He wound up owning two banks, a concrete company, a construction firm, plus a few other things. A super hard worker and pretty bright guy.

Sounds like an interesting friend.

In terms of friends, only 2 of them have lived/are living in rural area where the town is around 2,000 or less which is where people might have much bigger properties or at least, on the edge of town.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Sounds like an interesting friend.

In terms of friends, only 2 of them have lived/are living in rural area where the town is around 2,000 or less which is where people might have much bigger properties or at least, on the edge of town.

I guess you can live where you have room or live where you have amenities 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Further said:

I guess you can live where you have room or live where you have amenities 

It depends... I personally have never been driven  to live in a small town. So we need people to live out on the edges and also in denser areas with amenities. 

Several of my friends have a car but just a carport  or the garage is down a steep little hill which makes getting car in and out a challenge.  Long story.  1 couple has 2 cars but they park them outside.  They have a huge back  2nd level deck overlooking the ..ocean, which allows them to do acrylic painting, etc. outdoors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Further said:

The stuff next to the window used to be my raised bed frame, it got re configured as a compost pile containment that I have to go try fit around the compost pile.

There is a stack of wood behind me that waiting rebirth, some cedar that will become a trellis for the roses, some bit and pieces of oak, maple, and ash that really I'm just learning to use.

Here is a pic of a stand I built out of construction lumber, prolly use it for a planer stand, but I really made to try out ideas and methods for building a kitchen island

IMG_5190.thumb.JPG.aaf2e78a7e2d8230b74c3934a61994d1.JPG

Right now it has my table saw works sitting on it

We have a list of wood projects that are waiting for warmer weather so we can move the cars out to the driveway. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...