Drinking outta cups

Randomguy

So, I went to the local thrift store and purchased two actual tea cups.   This was at the behest of Martha Stewart, who is a lunatic and went on a rampage about how drinking tea out of mugs wasn't quite the right thing to do, and that tea cups were far and away the better vessel for tea.

Well, she is right.  I can feel myself becoming more genteel by the moment.

The end.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

So, I went to the local thrift store and purchased two actual tea cups.   This was at the behest of Martha Stewart, who is a lunatic and went on a rampage about how drinking tea out of mugs wasn't quite the right thing to do, and that tea cups were far and away the better vessel for tea.

I drink tea outta mugs, and didn't know this. Now I'm glad I do :)

24 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Well, she is right.  I can feel myself becoming more genteel by the moment.

The end.

I bet you were scratching your junk while at the thrift store, while making the tea and while posting this thread.  And I would bet for at least two of the three activities, you were not wearing pants.

Martha Stewart reveals she doesn't like mugs — yes, mugs

Why? Because they're "clumsy and ugly," according to Stewart.

Nov. 17, 2021, 11:46 AM EST / Source: TODAY

By Samantha Kubota

Sure, there are bigger issues happening in the world, but we just wanted to take a brief moment to tell you about Martha Stewart’s problem with mugs. Yes, mugs.

You know the ones — they hold warm beverages like coffee or occasionally mulled wine and generally make things slightly more bearable, especially in the winter months.

So you can imagine our surprise when it was brought to our attention on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" last week that Stewart, the master of all things home décor, said she doesn’t own a single mug.  It happened while Fallon was trying to pitch the business icon his own ideas, "Shark Tank"-style. His final pitch was a coffee mug that stirs itself, which she shot down.  "See, I don't like mugs," Stewart said. "I think mugs are sort of clumsy and ugly. I don't own a mug in my house. I have beautiful cups."

Fallon replied that they give her a mug every time she visits the show.

"I know," Stewart quipped. "I give them away."

16 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You need at least one tea cup procured from your local thriftery, for experimental purposes.

Plus, you have about 1,000 teapots, so you should go for the whole proper experience from start to finish.

I have tea cups..pretty ones..tis weekend I will test you theory and send you a pic

• Awesome 1

It is nice to find beauty and joy in the day's routine. :nodhead:  But I usually don't make my tea in a teapot, so making it in a small cup each time would be very time consuming.  A mug gives me more tea than a cup

• Heart 1

Just now, petitepedal said:

I have tea cups..pretty ones..tis weekend I will test you theory and send you a pic

This is a good idea, except we ALL want to see the tea pic (not to be confused with a toe pick)  :nodhead:

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

It is nice to find beauty and joy in the day's routine. :nodhead:  But I usually don't make my tea in a teapot, so making it in a small cup each time would be very time consuming.  A mug gives me more tea than a cup

Well, this is all true.  I have a french press thingy specifically built to make tea in, it is really nice.  I also have a metal strainer thing that you have to submerge in a mug to make the tea, so the cups will be an every other day thing if I don't run the dishwasher.  I admit that tea tastes better out of a nice tea cup in the same way that beer is optimized by using proper glassware.