TIB

jsharr

Love the bolt action, It will teach the scouts control without the spray and pray method. 

I picked this up the other day... it was on sale and could not beat the price... lets go to the range some time, I need to sight it in.
I threw a red/green dot scope on it, and it will have a green light for night hunting.. One day it will be used for hogs on a lease property my friend has.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.59.18 AM.png

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

Yes.  So Scouts can shoot it.  Savage MK II with heavy barrel and peep sights.  Should be a fun little gun since I cannot make myself spend $1500 on an old Springfield 1922.

Has to be bolt action and I wanted more than iron sights and cannot have optics.

sweet rifle. .22's are fun to shoot. When I was a kid, my Dad & I used to shoot BB guns & .22's a lot at lil targets.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, KrAzY said:

Love the bolt action, It will teach the scouts control without the spray and pray method. 

I picked this up the other day... it was on sale and could not beat the price... lets go to the range some time, I need to sight it in.
I threw a red/green dot scope on it, and it will have a green light for night hunting.. One day it will be used for hogs on a lease property my friend has.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 6.59.18 AM.png

Going to Mission Ridge in a few hours.  Do you shoot at Eagle.  For longer range I go to Garland Public.  Unlimited lane time for $25

13 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Going to Mission Ridge in a few hours.  Do you shoot at Eagle.  For longer range I go to Garland Public.  Unlimited lane time for $25

I went to eagle a few times, but the range master really PISSED me off last time. I was teaching my boys proper gun safety, and how to shoot a 9mm. He kept coming up yelling at me and them about how they were lifting the empty gun off the table before putting in the magazine. 
We were there for about an hour before I called it quits and told the people at the desk about his antics.. I will not be going back unless something changes..

I found Quail Run out by Buccees by the race track in FW.. $25 all day fee for shooting, and also has an archery range for $10 a day. It's all outdoors, and seems pretty nice so far. They put a lot of classes on from what I have seen so far. 

• Heart 1

I had an old Sears 22 with a bolt and a 7 shell clip since the age of 12.  It was stored under the eves of the house that burned the worst during the 2020 house fire.

At age 12, 1962-63, a bunch of us kids around the same age would carry our 22's in soft cases a mile down the street to a Sears.  We'd walk in and buy 22 shorts for target practice against short cliffs carved out in an abandoned chalk quarry.

No one thought twice about it.  There hadn't been a killing in our 15,000 people community since around 1908 when an angry mob pulled a guy out of jail and hanged him for rape.  There wasn't another killing until around 1987. Now there is usually at least one a year. That was not just a different time, it was a different way of thinking that's now treated as if it was all awful compared to now on the documentaries!

20 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I went to eagle a few times, but the range master really PISSED me off last time. I was teaching my boys proper gun safety, and how to shoot a 9mm. He kept coming up yelling at me and them about how they were lifting the empty gun off the table before putting in the magazine. 
We were there for about an hour before I called it quits and told the people at the desk about his antics.. I will not be going back unless something changes..

I found Quail Run out by Buccees by the race track in FW.. $25 all day fee for shooting, and also has an archery range for $10 a day. It's all outdoors, and seems pretty nice so far. They put a lot of classes on from what I have seen so far. 

Garland public is older but never had any issues with range masters.  No nonsense guys.  I rented a shotgun and it would not cycle.  Range master came down and watched, took it back, told me he was sorry it was filthy and gas tubes were clogged and brought me a new gun and a box of ammo.

When my 9mm failed to go into battery, they helped me get it running again, no charge.  I am pretty sure I had not cleaned and lubed well enough, as it was first time to shoot it and I was shooting reloads and I am pretty sure that the ammo was the source of the issue.

No archery, but pistol, rifle and shotgun all day for $25.  No ammenitites at all other than a a very basic shop and some picnic tables.  

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I had an old Sears 22 with a bolt and a 7 shell clip since the age of 12.  It was stored under the eves of the house that burned the worst during the 2020 house fire.

At age 12, 1962-63, a bunch of us kids around the same age would carry our 22's in soft cases a mile down the street to a Sears.  We'd walk in and buy 22 shorts for target practice against short cliffs carved out in an abandoned chalk quarry.

No one thought twice about it.  There hadn't been a killing in our 15,000 people community since around 1908 when an angry mob pulled a guy out of jail and hanged him for rape.  There wasn't another killing until around 1987. Now there is usually at least one a year. That was not just a different time, it was a different way of thinking that's now treated as if it was all awful compared to now on the documentaries!

Did you claim the gun on your loss so you can replace it?  

11 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

So, the dealer wanted $100 to ship the gun to my FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed Dealer) in Texas.  So I pivoted and bought an in stock gun from a local store.  Ruger American.  Lost the peep sights but got a bit nicer gun. Pick it up early next week.

8301.jpg

Very nice!! Beautiful rifle.