Should I just go to work now?

Prophet Zacharia

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

If you are awake, go.  I always get a lot more office stuff done when no one else is around. 

Sometimes that was true for me. When I worked Saturdays there were less people here and I could get more done. But if I was the only engineer here (which would be typical for a weekend) sometimes I get bothered :facepalm:I like to work in a dark office so on weekends I'd rarely turn the light on. Sometimes people would say "I didn't know you were here" ;) I'm smart

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’ve been working 12+ hour days since my old boss departed. If I go in now, I could be ready to start my weekend at a normal time, instead of after dinner time. Although I don’t really want to get out of bed yet. :frantics:

I always like the 4 day (or 3.5 day) work week.  If you go in now, does that mean you're off until next Thursday?  Seems a good plan.

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If you are awake, go.  I always get a lot more office stuff done when no one else is around. 

I was fortunate that my last place of employment allowed me to go in to work early and leave early.  In the early hours between 4 or 5 till 8 I could get in the better part of a days work.  After that the interruptions and meetings started.  Since my work was largely solitary most didn't care.  There were a few though, especially those who didn't like to get up early, who complained that I wasn't there at 5pm to order parts that they finally got around to realizing they needed yesterday.

"I need this part"

"Ok"

"Can you have it here tomorrow"

"Maybe"

"I absolutely need it tomorrow"

"Then you should have ordered it 2 days ago"

5 hours ago, Fret Buzz said:

I always like the 4 day (or 3.5 day) work week.  If you go in now, does that mean you're off until next Thursday?  Seems a good plan.

You remember the part where I worked February 6 through March 10 with out a day off? There will be no long weekend just for getting Friday started early. Just the hope for a regular weekend off.

2 minutes ago, Fret Buzz said:

Just do what I do - look at your paycheck and do a little jig (to the "Money Money Money" song). :cheerleader:  It works wonders.

I’ll be made whole in the end, but payroll hasn’t caught up to my promotion yet, despite me starting the role in November, and having agreed to terms in September. Which I remind them of about once a month.

• Hugs 1

6 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’ll be made whole in the end, but payroll hasn’t caught up to my promotion yet, despite me starting the role in November, and having agreed to terms in September. Which I remind them of about once a month.

Why buy the cow...

1 hour ago, Fret Buzz said:

Why buy the cow...

The cow’s been bought, I’ve been with the firm for 23 years, and now head my office branch. But they’re shitty with their HR, causing stresses every time a contract gets redone. It eventually gets worked out, but not without a lot of needless stress. But they make me hate the corporation a little bit more each time. I have 34 months to go until I can tap my 401k without penalty for this gig. I don’t know that I’ll retire then, but sure will enjoy knowing I can at any time I wish.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1