So, Americanos... Educate me.

Wilbur

54 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have been asked to attend a Michigan Homecoming game in Ann Arbor in the fall.  What can I expect?  I will be with the boss and his wife who both went to school there. 

College football games are a good time, you will enjoy the experience.  Homecoming is when the university invites alums to return and they make a big deal of homecoming.   

I used to go to USC games but anymore I’d rather not deal with the drive, traffic & parking hassle. 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

It’s ok to eat big, sloppy cheeseburgers...

But don't let Jim Harbaugh buy you one! 

Feel free to wear ill fitting khaki pants and be prepared to sing Mr Brightside.

A Michigan game is a spectacle, and if you're going with the boss, I expect you will have a very fun experience with access you might not get otherwise.

Looks like homecoming is the Rutgers game, so you can also expect a lopsided rout.  Rutgers was supposed to be one of the games that Harbaugh was suspended from coaching, but it looks like the settlement has been delayed, so he should be coaching all the games.  Don't bring this topic up with the Blue Faithful.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Lots of people

That's an understatement...   WAY more than lots of people.  

The stadium holds more than 107,000 people   And if they party like UW in Madison... LOTS of people tailgate there and never go to inside to the game.

We visited our daughter and grandson ONCE in Madison when UW had a home game.   OMG what a mistake trying to drive thru that area.   I told my daughter I'd never visit her and go to Madison EVER again on the day of a UW game.  

• Heart 1
  • Like 1