Aire, I have dog questions

Allen

I was thinking about this the other day.  We grew up with dogs - collies, shelties, a shepherd, & a lab mix - and never had coats for them up in PA.  Down here in VA, where winters are a little milder, my pup has several coats, and in really cold weather - below freezing - she gets the double layer of coats :D

She has short hair though, whereas all the other dogs had pretty long coats to keep them warm in the winter.

22 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

I wanted to get Manche a Carrhart jacket because he’s a working boy. Mrs Parsnip bought a cheap Chinese version and said she saved money. Manche does not approve. 

IMG_1827.jpeg

My pup recently got a $15 special from Costco (shocker!):

image.thumb.jpeg.36f6222e9e9d9720c795b279fa10a7a6.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I have coats for your pups for cold weather. No boots needed. You just need to keep hair between pads tidy. I will show you a little battery clipper for that. I got Ella a coat all ready. I also have an Elvis jacket for Cicero.   Most of the time they will not need jackets.  -20 they do

• Awesome 2

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I have coats for your pups for cold weather. No boots needed. You just need to keep hair between pads tidy. I will show you a little battery clipper for that. I got Ella a coat all ready. I also have an Elvis jacket for Cicero.   Most of the time they will not need jackets.  -20 they do

hThat is very kind.

Elvis coat for Cicero, that would be from fat Elvis' collection, right?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Our dogs never had coats or boots..we lived in northern MN -25 air temp not unusual :dontknow:

Both of our dogs stop walking after a little while and start lift their paws when it's 5 to 10 degrees or colder.   We stop walking then and go back inside.  

They both have coats for the winter. 

Our Jack Russell needs a coat.  He has short and thin fur coat and an they don't have a thick undercoat to keep them warm.   Below 45 to 50 they will get cold.

Our Beagle is a bit better with cold but she gets a coat too. 

When we had large dogs, they never had coats, and would walk in the snow until maybe -5.  They start lifting their paws too. 

We tried boots for some of our dogs.   We gave up on that.   They HATE the boots,   It gets better over time.  But, in some cases the boots come off during a walk and you are lucky to see they are gone.  

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

We tried boots for some of our dogs.   We gave up on that.   They HATE the boots,   It gets better over time.  But, in some cases the boots come off during a walk and you are lucky to see they are gone.  

This. Lots of back tracking. Luckily snow is white and Bingo had red or blue boots. Easy to find 

• Heart 2