I have changed my mind on the edibility of scones

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

The best were:

1.  Fort Calgary, catered breakfasts-  It is a museum with upstairs meeting rm. facility.  There were internal meetings on project management with former employer.  Anyone who attended those meetings, often commented on the warm, light and tender-tasting scones. with butter/jam.  :slow-dance-smiley:

2.  @This public restaurant inside a historic courthouse in downtown Toronto.  Ontario lawyers and judges know about this place. But you can drop by..if it's not under retrofit right now.  I used buy one occasionally with my coffee.

bestscones.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• Solution
1 hour ago, Ralphie said:

From hell no to hell yes!   Even withoot clotted cream. Blueberries help add much-needed moisture. :)

And in a pinch, they can be used as a hammer or an effective defensive weapon if attached on the street.

• Haha 1

Scones, English Muffins and Bagels all have the ability to be awesome or horrible.  Sometimes I am like This is Awesome and other times I am like I just loosened my teeth and scraped the lining of my mouth off with that thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Scones, English Muffins and Bagels all have the ability to be awesome or horrible.  Sometimes I am like This is Awesome and other times I am like I just loosened my teeth and scraped the lining of my mouth off with that thing.

True. But sadly, true for most foods - at least the "ability to be horrible" bit. :dontknow:

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

True. But sadly, true for most foods - at least the "ability to be horrible" bit. :dontknow:

yeah, but some you really have to work at.  Take chili for instance.  You have to make a conscious effort to add beans to it.

• Sad 1

Just had another half of one and I am wondering what the apropos sweetness is sposed to be for a scone?  This one is sweeter than most iirc. Maybe it is the blooberries, but owl try to remember to check the label when I get home. 

As a sidetrack, looks like forum search does snot use word stemming, because a search for scone did not turn this up. I wish all searches were run by google!  

These things have held up well. Been eating a half for a mid morning snack, so one left, and they still don’t taste like sawdust. Yay!  

For some reason my wife bought them and then abandoned them, so the house garbage-hound (moi, in case you were wondering), picked up the ball and ran with it. :)

The sweetness is definitely dialed in. Just a touch of it. Getting proper sweetness is a real art form. Some things like grocery store cole slaw or tater salad can get it horribly wrong by being way tout suite. :(  There are no nutritional facts on the label so no idea on the sugar content.