So, Ohtani.

2Far

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

If he gets away with it, Pete Rose should be allowed back in baseball.

Pete is alleged to have said: "Well back in the '70s and '80, I wish I'd have had an interpreter. I'd be scot-free."

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

THE DOJ is saying Ohtani is cooperating and they feel he is a victim.  He surrendered his phone to them and they found no evidence he knew anything about the transfers.  

Not that I even remotely know the guy but he keeps a very private personal life and any impropriety seems out of character for the guy.  Six years as an Angel and there never a ill word reported on him.

Now being a lifelong Dodger hater I’d love to see a ban or suspension but as an Ohtani fan, I tend to think he’s truly a victim. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

The stooge (interpreter) places bets for Ohtani. When discovery takes place, the stooge takes the fall to shield Ohtani and future income. It’s bullshit at the graduate level, honed over many decades. Call me cynical but that’s my take. No one is innocent here. MLB is sweeping this under the rug. 

31 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

The stooge (interpreter) places bets for Ohtani. When discovery takes place, the stooge takes the fall to shield Ohtani and future income. It’s bullshit at the graduate level, honed over many decades. Call me cynical but that’s my take. No one is innocent here. MLB is sweeping this under the rug. 

Always a possibility and I reserved judgement at first for the exact same reason you noted but there appears to be evidence of actual fraud committed by Mizuhara to gain access to Ohtani’s accounts to wire money to the bookie.  

Info came out today that strengthens the victim narrative for Ohtani.