15080 steps logged today

Dottleshead

Ours is always in May at 7000 per day for 24 days. It is well timed for the nice weather. It is usually a struggle for me to make it. My history for 2024 shows a steadily increasing total starting in March after bottoming oot at aboot 4100 per day average in January and Feb. 5309 in March, and so far in April,  6400. 

This weekend has been very good with two days around 10k so far. Lawn mowing always helps!

15k is a heck of a lot!  Good work!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralphie said:

Ours is always in May at 7000 per day for 24 days. It is well timed for the nice weather. It is usually a struggle for me to make it. My history for 2024 shows a steadily increasing total starting in March after bottoming oot at aboot 4100 per day average in January and Feb. 5309 in March, and so far in April,  6400. 

This weekend has been very good with two days around 10k so far. Lawn mowing always helps!

15k is a heck of a lot!  Good work!

I rarely hit 15,000. Good job 👏 @Dottles. Working at a large complex usually gets me 3000 steps as a baseline. If I go for a lunchtime walk, then I just need a short walk in the evening to get me over 10,000.

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I have hit over 10,000 just wearing a counter at work..I guess my phone syncs to my watch..had over 11,000 yesterday :cheerleader: walking is good cheap exercise. Lost 30 pounds once on portion control and walking.

What is this thing you call portion control?

6 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I'm part of some work walking challenge thing and trying to get in 10,000 steps a day but seldom hit it.  When I'm not part of the challenge (it goes into early May) I usually get 7500.  That's my goal anyway. Today I got in just over 15K.  I was sick Wednesday and most of Thursday so this helps make up for it.  Let's see what I can do tomorrow (today?).  I'd be quite happy with another 10K.

I thought you were a treadmill guy? If you are on the exercise bike instead, don’t worry about steps. 

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I have hit over 10,000 just wearing a counter at work..I guess my phone syncs to my watch..had over 11,000 yesterday :cheerleader: walking is good cheap exercise. Lost 30 pounds once on portion control and walking.

How many miles is 10,000 steps ?

49 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Approximately 2,000 steps per mile so 5 miles. A lot depends on your stride. I guess it would be around 1,300 steps per kilometer.

WoJSTL wears a Fitbit on her bra. It shows about 500 steps per mile when we are riding the tandem. That is about the number of pedal strokes per mile so it must be picking them up.

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I thought you were a treadmill guy? If you are on the exercise bike instead, don’t worry about steps. 

Being on the treadmill allows me to count steps for sure. The watch is on the wrist and as long as I am free walking (no holding onto the rails) it is counting steps through the motion of my arm. I care because I get credit for my work challenge going on right now and I care because I am also involved in a work program that pays me to exercise. I also care because I would rather be outside doing it but you know 7 months out year it’s going to be messy.due to weather. Also even though I work from home, it can be a challenge to get outside during daylight hours because of my schedule. Often it’s dark so the gym serves me well. Basically there’s no excuse now.

3 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Depends on the length of your stride. I measured just slightly over 2000 for me. When I walk 3 miles on the treadmill, I get like 7100 steps. Yesterday I walked the park trail and between the mile posts I measured 2007 steps. 

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Approximately 2,000 steps per mile so 5 miles. A lot depends on your stride.

10 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

Depends on the length of your stride. I measured just slightly over 2000 for me. When I walk 3 miles on the treadmill, I get like 7100 steps. Yesterday I walked the park trail and between the mile posts I measured 2007 steps. 

I read your response after and we both came to the same conclusion 

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, petitepedal said:

It’s a great way to lose weight. Since you do all that walking for free (though work) then the only you have to watch is what you’re consuming. Easier said than done but you have already solved half your problem! Go Petite! 

47 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Not a ton of steps but i did play 18 holes and 52,000 feet of freefall in 4 jumps today.  Accelerated Freefall approved. 

Jumping out of a perfectly good aircraft is something that I can't wrap my head around. Having a pilot practicing jumping out of an aircraft might give me nightmares.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I'm part of some work walking challenge thing and trying to get in 10,000 steps a day but seldom hit it.

You should retire.   ;) 

For the last 5 days I've been doing yard work. 

First I got the JD up and running after its winter sleep.  Installed a mulching kit on the mower deck.  The 3 munching blades must be a bit longer than the old blades.  I mowed some grass as a test, and 2 of the blades were hitting each other. :(  I had to move one of the mower deck spindles to gain a bit more blade clearance. 

Then 4 days of raking the twigs, leaves, walnuts, acorns, etc... out of the lawn.   Next is spreading 5 bags (75,000 sq ft) of fertilizer. 

image.png.c2b1b5fd90fab8e787f45ce9b9da6724.png

• Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

This was my best, it was a mt washington run

Most Steps in a Day 67,886 Jul 18, 2015

Why was it so significantly higher than a 2k/mile count?  That's what - 8k or 9k per mile?

I would have put your "marathon in 24 hrs" at a much higher count.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Why was it so significantly higher than a 2k/mile count?  That's what - 8k or 9k per mile?

I would have put your "marathon in 24 hrs" at a much higher count.

more like a rapid shuffle than a run.  It's 7.6 miles, took me a little over 2 hours.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

more like a rapid shuffle than a run.  It's 7.6 miles, took me a little over 2 hours.

You don't think 400+ steps/min is a little "wonky"?

Or did you cut grass for a few hours on a tractor after the run like Dottles?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

all the steps weren't during the run.

it's a 25 counter

I deducted 10,000 steps before doing that math to give you some wiggle room!

400 steps per min x 135 min (2.25 hr) = 54,000 steps, leaving you 13,886 steps for the rest of the day!

Just now, Razors Edge said:

YOU'RE KILLING ME!!!!

from what i remember, it was pretty cold that morning.

i had to get dropped off 2 hours before the start

the drivers headed up

i walked around, a lot, to keep warm

it was all over by noonish

there were still another 10 or so hours to the day

Garmin said i had that many steps, you'll need to talk with their engineers for the rest of the details

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Garmin said i had that many steps, you'll need to talk with their engineers for the rest of the details

You CAN'T TRUST GARMIN ENGINEERS!!!!  Jeebus, man!  

FTR, I set a new HR average a couple weeks ago - ironically on the day I replaced my Garmin chest strap battery!  I now have the HR of a superhuman!