Sure as hell LGS parking lot story.

maddmaxx

I drove into the GS lot today behind a monster PU truck.  He turned into the row ahead of the one I wanted.  Success, I could see three empty spaces in the row I wanted so I began to turn into one of them.  Panic stop as the truck I was following pulls through the 4 empty spaces in his row and into the middle space of the three I'm pulling into.  Of course he's hanging over my line (because he's a truck and he can).  I park in the now narrow space and I'm now drivers door to drivers door.  I'm waiting for him to get out so I can open my door.  He opens his.......and sits.........and sits and finally this old geezer gets out and heads off to the store.

I get to the deli to pick up a package of pre sliced Land of Lakes cheese.  There's the geezer blocking the cheese as he picks up and looks closely at each package.

I didn't harm him.

The end.

• Hugs 3

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yeah, but you probably are not a straddle prick in a F Two Fiddy

..and why are we throwing shade on folks like @Parr8hed who didn't design the parking lots!  Folks need to post the figure where it should go - at the LGS and their parking lot designers!  Lazy & cheap bastards is what they are!

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, jsharr said:

It is a good story, but not a great story.  We need to know how each interaction made you feel.  Please stay after class to meet with Miss @Kirby.  

I had a lady smirk at me as she pulled into a spot I was waiting for once at a very crowded Trader Joe's parking lot a long time ago.   She knew I had been waiting, and she stared at me while smirking at me.   After I parked, I spit all over her windshield and driver's window, mirror, and door handle.  It was an evil smirk of someone who treated everyone with contempt.

I feel I did very well as karma's agent.   Maybe she still does it, but I bet the smirk disappeared when she got back to her car.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

..and why are we throwing shade on folks like @Parr8hed who didn't design the parking lots!  Folks need to post the figure where it should go - at the LGS and their parking lot designers!  Lazy & cheap bastards is what they are!

There's a place already designed in the LGS lot for big trucks.  See those trees way over there.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

There's a place already designed in the LGS lot for big trucks.  See those trees way over there.

What are folks like Parr8 doing that is different than you? :facepalm:  Nothing?  Seems the manager of the LGS needed to hear how they were poorly designing their parking lot and making it frustrating with spaces too small for modern vehicles. Costco is a good example of a well designed lot. Trader Joes is an example of an awful lot.   Stores should try to be "friendly" to potential customers, not create a maelstrom of rage due to trying to have two extra spaces per row.  The two extra spaces likely make multiple customers stop shopping there and/or irritated enough they "just want to get in and out as quick as possible".  It's idiocy on their part.

FTR, the airlines have tried to maximize coach seating and had a similar effect on travelers and moods. 

• Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What are folks like Parr8 doing that is different than you? :facepalm:  Nothing?  Seems the manager of the LGS needed to hear how they were poorly designing their parking lot and making it frustrating with spaces too small for modern vehicles. Costco is a good example of a well designed lot. Trader Joes is an example of an awful lot.   Stores should try to be "friendly" to potential customers, not create a maelstrom of rage due to trying to have two extra spaces per row.  The two extra spaces likely make multiple customers stop shopping there and/or irritated enough they "just want to get in and out as quick as possible".  It's idiocy on their part.

FTR, the airlines have tried to maximize coach seating and had a similar effect on travelers and moods. 

I believe local jurisdictions have "rules" (sometimes called laws) on the number of parking spaces for a given area. Want more spaces buy more land. Costco probably does this because they know that everybody is coming out with 58 cases of soda & 4 24 pack of paper towels. 

8 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I believe local jurisdictions have "rules" (sometimes called laws) on the number of parking spaces for a given area. Want more spaces buy more land. Costco probably does this because they know that everybody is coming out with 58 cases of soda & 4 24 pack of paper towels. 

I think folks want slightly FEWER but with larger dimensions. 
Except Trader Joe’s who like causing suffering!

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I think folks want slightly FEWER but with larger dimensions. 
Except Trader Joe’s who like causing suffering!

On average cars have gotten much smaller over the last few decades and parking spaces have shrunk accordingly.  The rolling coal vehicles and Hummer sized SUV's are the problem.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

On average cars have gotten much smaller over the last few decades and parking spaces have shrunk accordingly.  The rolling coal vehicles and Hummer sized SUV's are the problem.

I'm thinking that "statistic" still smells like from where you pulled it :whistle:

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I feel I did very well as karma's agent.   Maybe she still does it, but I bet the smirk disappeared when she got back to her car.  

She definitely screwed up. You never fuck with somebody and then leave them with your car. :rolleyes: