One of the plant managers....

Johnny Come Lately Name

There must be more to this.

As always, they keep it as hush-hush as they can, so we will never know the gory details. We got bought out about two years ago and the power structure has been unsettled ever since.

I hated him because he was the second most arrogant person I every met....and he really had nothing to be arrogant about.

To give you an idea what kind of scumbag manager he was, if a department was scheduled for 50 hours, he wouldn't let them work five tens, he'd make them come in on Saturday. Why? Because he hated the idea of having to pay them for the extra ten minute break NYS says they have to get when they work 10.

• Heart 1

As always, they keep it as hush-hush as they can, so we will never know the gory details. We got bought out about two years ago and the power structure has been unsettled ever since.

I hated him because he was the second most arrogant person I every met....and he really had nothing to be arrogant about.

To give you an idea what kind of scumbag manager he was, if a department was scheduled for 50 hours, he wouldn't let them work five tens, he'd make them come in on Saturday. Why? Because he hated the idea of having to pay them for the extra ten minute break NYS says they have to get when they work 10.

:wacko:

Moran.  It's not like he was the one that had to pay them.

I've never understood people so nickel-and-dime oriented that they forget or conveniently ignore every study that shows happy and rested employees are more productive during their working time. Moar = bettar!!!!....ummm, no.

It's not like he was the one that had to pay them.

It was a power thing. Plus, our management team is under intense pressure to produce MOAR PROFITTZ. Since they can't do this via sound decision making, process improvements or greater efficiency (like they're supposed to) they run around looking for nickels and dimes to save. This is why we don't do Preventative Maintenance anymore, why we don't stock repair parts and why every single item purchased - no matter how small - is reviewed and at the discretion of the plant manager.

I've never understood people so nickel-and-dime oriented that they forget or conveniently ignore every study that shows happy and rested employees are more productive during their working time.

They don't care. It's all about power.

Heh. I've kept the phone list from 2012 and crossed off names as they get "purged". There's almost more red than not.

image.jpg

Heh. I've kept the phone list from 2012 and crossed off names as they get "purged". There's almost more red than not.

image.jpg

Whats with the pictures above the phone list??? Are they the ones that are issued a "NO TRESPASSING" order

So he is more arrogant than @Kzoo?  I am assuming you have not met @Bosoxyacht or @AirwickWithCheese or @jsharr or the fired guy would be lower?

• Heart 1

The manager that played that game with us retired last month.  The shop floor is a much happier place. 

It was a power thing. Plus, our management team is under intense pressure to produce MOAR PROFITTZ. Since they can't do this via sound decision making, process improvements or greater efficiency (like they're supposed to) they run around looking for nickels and dimes to save. This is why we don't do Preventative Maintenance anymore, why we don't stock repair parts and why every single item purchased - no matter how small - is reviewed and at the discretion of the plant manager.

They don't care. It's all about power.

image.jpg

I think we have the same bean counters. I don't always have the parts to repair the machines the way they should be fixed. 

If I need a part for a machine I have to look up the part number and give it to my boss then it gets faxed to the manufacturer in Switzerland for a price quote then it goes to the plant manager and then faxed to corporate headquarters in North Carolina for the final ok. 

I  don't understand how this saves money