Square Wheels

Would you pay for a premium membership?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you pay?

• Nothing - this site needs to remain free
    • $5 a year
    • $10 a year
    • $20 a year
    • Take all my money, I heard you were a Democrat!

I am upset that this is pinned.  I was going to choose the $10 option, but felt bad that no one picked the $5 option.  Plus, I had to deduct $5 for the pinning, so it all worked out.

I am glad someone picked the 5 dollar option.  It seemed weird that no one was willing to spend $5, but a whole bunch were willing to spend $10 or $20.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Does anything change after we pay?

You get a Premium Members title under your username, there are a few benefits listed when you sign up, will try to add more as we move forward.

Current benefits:

• No ads (currently not turned on due to bikini thread)
  • Unlimited User Name changes (Member only get 3 in 30 days)
  • Give Unlimited Likes
  • Large Signatures with the option to post links or use images
  • Unlimited Private Messages

I fear that this thread will take away from my appreciation thread. I will need to be compensated. I will accept $20.00

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Unfortunately, all have the same size, but I like this idear.

Well,  I'm not allowed to ask RFW, but when can we expect this to happen? 

Just now, Roadrunner said:

This creates a class division that is unappealing to me.  Their will be the "premium members" and the rest will be thought of as something less.  I don't like it.

How Can I help?  That was not my intention.  This site costs me close to a thousand dollars a year to run now.  I'm not looking to get rich, just a way to defer some of those costs.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

How Can I help?  That was not my intention.  This site costs me close to a thousand dollars a year to run now.  I'm not looking to get rich, just a way to defer some of those costs.

Provide some extra benefits is okay IMO, but somehow the premium status should remain anonymous to avoid dividing the forum into an upper and lower class of members.  

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

Provide some extra benefits is okay IMO, but somehow the premium status should remain anonymous to avoid dividing the forum into an upper and lower class of members.  

Again, this was not my intention.  Is it better now?  It simply says Members, but has the little star next to it.  If it bothers you, I can take that away too.

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Again, this was not my intention.  Is it better now?  It simply says Members, but has the little star next to it.  If it bothers you, I can take that away too.

Maybe it's not a big issue, especially if most people participate.  I am just afraid that human nature being what it is, there might be a tendency of some to look down on members who have not ponied up, as if their thoughts and opinions are less important and less valid than the ones who paid. 

I would hate to see us devolve into a forum of "good" members and "bad" members.

Edited by Roadrunner

1 minute ago, Digital_photog said:

Hey piggy.  Don't try to outsmart a smart---  I mean Intelligent Donkey.

As a farm boy you should know the pigs are second smartest in the animal world.

1 minute ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

But I want to be exalted above all staff, including SW. 

You are! Have we not made that clear?

• Heart 1