Whats the best way

KrAzY

To off load tools and other pieces of money worthy things I have collected over the last few years that I might not need anymore for a while. We are looking at moving in the near future, and I don't feel like taking all the crap things I collected to a new place.. 

I was thinking Craigslist, but not sure if I want to deal with people trying to talk me out of things for their gain. 

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

What kind of tools do you have?

This ^

Depending on the weight to value ratio Ebay can be another avenue.  No one is going to pay shipping on a hammer or pliers but they might on a higher value item.

Also check with Digital.  It appears that dude has one of everything.  Maybe he wants 2 of somethings........

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

What kind of tools do you have?

10 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

This ^

Depending on the weight to value ratio Ebay can be another avenue.  No one is going to pay shipping on a hammer or pliers but they might on a higher value item.

Also check with Digital.  It appears that dude has one of everything.  Maybe he wants 2 of somethings........

snowblower, to extra mechanic tools, and even just power tools.  Just things I will not really need anymore. 

Table saw, recip saw, drills, tile cutting saw and such.... just things I might not need anymore if we happen to move out of state (depending of if the wife is relocated) and I will hold onto them if we happen to stay here. 

My husband has literally a garage full of tools..... plus a bunch in the back shed.... plus some at camp. Whenever we have a financial advisor meeting, my husband feels all those tools will help with my ability to exist financially should he pass before me. Uhhh, ya. Giant rummage sale. Great; pennies on the dollar when I'm 90 years old.  ;) 

• Heart 2

I've sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist. Pain in the ass, but you control it, answer the phone and if the person sounds like an asshole end it there.

A "lot" sale of everything would shorten the pain, but will not make the same profit. 

PS:   Flea market season is here, haul it all to the biggest local flea market and make like an Arab Trader

On April 22, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Heed the wisdom of the Grande Kzoo.

Advertise it as "Manly Garage Sale. Power tools, hand tools, equipment only.  No clothes, no dishes, no kids toys."

I know there will be other things for sale also... If I am relocating.... it will be with the least amount of shit possible.. :)

On April 22, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Further said:

I've sold a lot of stuff on Craigslist. Pain in the ass, but you control it, answer the phone and if the person sounds like an asshole end it there.

A "lot" sale of everything would shorten the pain, but will not make the same profit. 

PS:   Flea market season is here, haul it all to the biggest local flea market and make like an Arab Trader

I do not know of a flea market around our location.. Garage sale might be the best way to go. 

I once had a guy call me from craigslist and offer me about 1/4 of my asking price.. he basically told me I should pay him to haul the material away.. To spite his ass I gave it away for free and then called him back and told him about it and why he did not get it. :)