Cycling miles and other less important stuff you did on 8/11

Road Runner

11972 steps...mostly at work...we treated 2 units for bedbugs :runcirclsmiley: Not a pleasant day..also our building played host to an after the funeral gathering for a 65 year old vietnam vet who suffered from exposure to agent orange he and his wife moved in to our building 2 months ago.

Fun Fun Fun...but the weekend starts tomorrow.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

I need to make sure I can ride between 3 and 4 mph,

That is a decent walking speed, so is probably quite doable, but I would think you would be better off training at similar efforts to what you will be facing on the mountain rather than focusing on slow easy speeds.   

34 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

That is a decent walking speed, so is probably quite doable, but I would think you would be better off training at similar efforts to what you will be facing on the mountain rather than focusing on slow easy speeds.   

I don't have anything near me that is 12% for miles, just one that is probably 12%, but only a third of a mile.

I did 18 miles, at 17mph.  Had to cut it short because company was coming for supper and WofZeph was out paintballing with friends so I had to get home and prep.

I was on leave for a couple weeks and this is only day three back on the bike.  It is like starting over,but I did buy my first ever actual gps type bike computer as a motivator

• Heart 1

I went out for my ride at 10 pm, and it was still hot and steamy. Rode about 10 miles with a stopover in the park by the lake.

There were young couples lining the wall, smooching in the dark, but they didn't seem to let the old fart on a brilliantly lit bike, wearing a high vis vest bother them at all.