#savethepolishdog

Scrapr

I am confused. Up until about a year ago the had both the all beef hotdog and the Polish dog - which looked identical as served - for $1.50 with drink. You just specified which you wanted when ordering. Then they stopped the Polish where the only choice was the all beef...BUT... They created this Polish sandwich/bun smothered in onions and other stuff with the Polish appearing more sausage like than hot dog like, priced as one of their premium offerings in the $3-$4 range. I never tried it because I am cheap. I am wondering if they kept the hot dog, twin polish offering in other stores and this was simply an experiment in my market. While think the are currently offering the healthful salads, are they going to keep the premium sausage sandwich.

22 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I am confused. Up until about a year ago the had both the all beef hotdog and the Polish dog - which looked identical as served - for $1.50 with drink. You just specified which you wanted when ordering. Then they stopped the Polish where the only choice was the all beef...BUT... They created this Polish sandwich/bun smothered in onions and other stuff with the Polish appearing more sausage like than hot dog like, priced as one of their premium offerings in the $3-$4 range. I never tried it because I am cheap. I am wondering if they kept the hot dog, twin polish offering in other stores and this was simply an experiment in my market. While think the are currently offering the healthful salads, are they going to keep the premium sausage sandwich.

I'm not a Costco food court expert but we do go there fairly often.  I don't recall seeing the polish dog at ours, just the hot dog combo.   You may be right.

14 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I am a much happier person since I resolved to never eat anything at Costco.  I don't even do the samples now. Color me morally superior. :nodhead:

My wife and I will sometimes split a frozen yogurt but when I used to run fundraiser snack bars we would make a killing off of the Costco pizzas.  One large pizza is like $8 and we would sell slices for $2.50 and make 3X what we spent on them.  We'd go through 10 -15 pizzas a day during tournaments.

2 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I am a much happier person since I resolved to never eat anything at Costco.  I don't even do the samples now. Color me morally superior. :nodhead:

Looks like you are missimg out on the free wine samples. 

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

My wife and I will sometimes split a frozen yogurt but when I used to run fundraiser snack bars we would make a killing off of the Costco pizzas.  One large pizza is like $8 and we would sell slices for $2.50 and make 3X what we spent on them.  We'd go through 10 -15 pizzas a day during tournaments.

Did you have a runner go pick up 2 at a time? Or just start w/10 and adjust from there?

#idon'twantyour5houroldpizza

4 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

I am not familiar with Costco's "Polish dog".  Can you please describe it for me?  

it's not a true polish sausage. Just a bit spicier than a blah hot dog. Mostly the same size & shape of the hot dog...but different

17 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Did you have a runner go pick up 2 at a time? Or just start w/10 and adjust from there?

#idon'twantyour5houroldpizza

We would get them right before peak times and they would be gone in an hour or so.

If there was any unsold pizza we would give it to players.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:08 AM, Scrapr said:

#savethepolishdog

I'm guessing that if the polish dog was a top seller, it would remain on the menu. Having NEVER had the polish dog, but having had many kosher dogs, it is fair to say this is much ado about nothing.

Tom

7 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm guessing that if the polish dog was a top seller, it would remain on the menu. Having NEVER had the polish dog, but having had many kosher dogs, it is fair to say this is much ado about nothing.

Tom

Blasphemer! Shut yo mouf

Much like Greenville is superior to Asheville the Polish dog is the top of the hot dog world. 

I may have to quit Costco over this

20 hours ago, Dottles said:

Kosher dogs are pretty grubbin' too Razor.

Not Tom

I used to eat them. One time, I bought TWO for lunch, and boy did I regret that! I thought my stomach would explode.  That was actually back when I lived and worked in Kirkland, WA, which I assume is actually the genesis of the "Kirkland" brand for Costco (but I could be wrong).

Tom

8 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I have never had a Polish dog from Cosco.  I have never been in a Cosco.  Am I missing something I don't know I'm missing, because really I haven't missed it?

Me too!  But, if they offered me a ride in one of their ships, I would jump at the opportunity. If they offered me a ride in one of their shipping containers, though, I would not accept it.

coscoshipping-panama.thumb.jpg.b15ce62faf327963d2530f25a1fae656.jpg

Tom

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

But, if they offered me a ride in one of their ships,

The term used to be..... Shanghaied.  That might be offensive now but back in the day you didn't hang around the wharf checking out the ships. 

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I used to eat them. One time, I bought TWO for lunch, and boy did I regret that! I thought my stomach would explode.  That was actually back when I lived and worked in Kirkland, WA, which I assume is actually the genesis of the "Kirkland" brand for Costco (but I could be wrong).

Tom

Yep.  Costco used to be headquartered in Kirkland, WA but now it's out in Issaquah.  Oh, yeah, eating those dogs are horrible for ya.  I mean horrible.  But man are they tasty with the right fixin's.