Guess they want to shut off my power for non payment

petitepedal

33 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

But hey call him back at 651- 376-1989

I don't recommend doing this. Lots of scammers spoof phone numbers to make them look local. You could be bothering some innocent person.

800 Notes doesn't show any listings for scammers or other telemarketers (but I repeat myself) from that number.

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-651-376-1989

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I don't recommend doing this. Lots of scammers spoof phone numbers to make them look local. You could be bothering some innocent person.

800 Notes doesn't show any listings for scammers or other telemarketers (but I repeat myself) from that number. 

https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-651-376-1989

I've actually been called by a scammer using my own phone number.  I tried to call myself back to yell at myself, but my phone wouldn't let me call myself.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

And yes, I've been on the receiving end of someone calling me because a scammer had again spoofed my number to some one else.  That was a pleasant message someone left and I am still waiting on the cops to come after me like they said was going to happen.  Guessing the cops are smart enough to know a spoofed number versus a real one.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

And yes, I've been on the receiving end of someone calling me because a scammer had again spoofed my number to some one else.  That was a pleasant message someone left and I am still waiting on the cops to come after me like they said was going to happen.  Guessing the cops are smart enough to know a spoofed number versus a real one.

Me also and it was my work phone which is owned by the Army. I reported it and got the email equivalent of a shoulder shrug: What can we do?

I keep getting calls from a company calling themselves UCRB, some kind of collection agency, saying my account had been referred to them and I need to call them back immediately.  I never call them back, but I keep getting the stupid calls.  When I googled UCRB, I saw lots of other people are reporting harassing phone calls for mysterious unknown debts.  I have gotten to the point where I just screen all my calls and let the answering machine do its job.  I get more crap calls than anything else these days.

• Heart 1

A guy at work owns several tanning salons, he got one of the power is going to be cut off calls. The caller was sharp enough to have my buddy reaching for his Visa card, could have missed one of the bills he was thinking,

Then the caller asked for prepaid gift cards....  :scratchhead:

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Further said:

A guy at work owns several tanning salons, he got one of the power is going to be cut off calls. The caller was sharp enough to have my buddy reaching for his Visa card, could have missed one of the bills he was thinking,

Then the caller asked for prepaid gift cards....  :scratchhead:

2 legit 2 quit!

14 hours ago, Further said:

Then the caller asked for prepaid gift cards..

periodically, someone gets the pastor's contact list and sends texts or emails with some sob story about a poor or dying parishoner that needs iTunes cards (cause that's what you want on your deathbed).  Last time I just flooded the guy's phone with texts asking deep theological questions.  Took a couple days before he stopped replying.  My wife got the email version, after a few emails he accidentally replied with his real name.  She started addressing him by name and he still didn't catch on.

Unfortunately, a couple people did fall for it.  We caught most in time and Apple was great about cancelling the cards and payment.

22 hours ago, Indy said:

I've actually been called by a scammer using my own phone number.  I tried to call myself back to yell at myself, but my phone wouldn't let me call myself.

...I tried to put myself on ignore here on the forum once.  It was for a very good reason.  You've seen some of the stuff I write. :)  The damn forum software wouldn't let me, so now I'm stuck reading the stuff I post.

:angry:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I tried to put myself on ignore here on the forum once.  It was for a very good reason.  You've seen some of the stuff I write. :)  The damn forum software wouldn't let me, so now I'm stuck reading the stuff I post.

:angry:

Hey Page - sirius question!  How did so many of you 60s hippies manage to stay alive?  Like you and Keith Richards? :D  And the kids today are buying the farm left and right - maybe things like fentanyl have a lot to do with it?

• Heart 1