The Other Story about the Currants

Kirby

Yes, I've spent an hour each of the last 4 weeks picking currants in the heat and you all know how I feel about heat.  I wouldn't do it if it weren't necessary!

• Heart 1

My not wild sister made the currant jelly this weekend!  :skipping:  And there were enough currants for my wild sister and I to get a jar and my not wild sister to have two!

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...you know you can dry currants in the sun, just like raisins, right ? Then they keep for quite a while and you can use them in carrot cake. :) 

You can, but that's not how we've done it for the last 45 years.  :nodhead:

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...you know you can dry currants in the sun, just like raisins, right ? Then they keep for quite a while and you can use them in carrot cake. :) 

Currents in carrot cake. Shut your hippie mouth.  Carrots only in carrot cake.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Currents in carrot cake. Shut your hippie mouth.  Carrots only in carrot cake.

...OK, see this is just wrong, wrong, WRONG !!! So wrong on so many levels. Wronger than wrong.....stunningly in error....just beyond the pale wrong. Carrots, whole wheat flour, sugar, chopped walnuts, currants (never raisins), and the usual spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)  And it has to have the traditional cream cheese frosting made with cream cheese and lime juice, with a little powdered sugar.

I have a family tradition with carrot cake that goes back as far as @Kirby 's currant jelly tradition, if not farther.  Do not presume to tell me what goes in a carrot cake, mister.:angry:

A carrot cake made with just carrots would be as boring as you are.:rolleyes:  #bazinga

• Heart 1

Just now, Page Turner said:

...OK, see this is just wrong, wrong, WRONG !!! So wrong on so many levels. Wronger than wrong.....stunningly in error....just beyond the pale wrong. Carrots, whole wheat flour, sugar, chopped walnuts, currants (never raisins), and the usual spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, etc.)  And it has to have the traditional cream cheese frosting made with cream cheese and lime juice, with a little powdered sugar.

I have a family tradition with carrot cake that goes back as far as @Kirby 's currant jelly tradition, if not farther.  Do not presume to tell me what goes in a carrot cake, mister.:angry:

A carrot cake made with just carrots would be as boring as you are.:rolleyes:  #bazinga

No currents and no raisins.

BAM