Bluburries

Ralphie

One of my neighbors just planted about an acre of blueberries within the last two years. They are just starting to produce and now he has a for sale sign on his property. I hope the new owners take care of the blueberries. He must be part of the second wave of Amish moving to the Rome, NY. Area.

The guy I get my plants and veggies from is also moving to NY. He’s not messing around, he has an absolute auction scheduled for his property. He said he needs to sell everything by the end of summer because his new land doesn’t have a house. He has to build one before winter sets in.

• Heart 2

Blueberries are good for you...and a staple in my breakfast..fresh are grand...

I remember staying at a friends place up north....they had wild blueberries on their property. There was a bush just out the back door,,,talk about fresh blueberry pancakes!!  Wild berries tend to be smaller..and you may have to share them with the bears(and wear a crap ton of deet while picking them)...but they are yummy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

...the local blueberry season here has been going on for about a month and a half now, and the imports (at Trader Joe's, which are considerably cheaper) have been a little spotty, but are now in full swing.  I am almost (but not quite) sick of blueberry whole wheat pancakes , smothered in real maple syrup (ef you @Razors Edge :) ). I now require three strips of bacon on the side to choke them down. 

I can't eat blueberry pancakes out any more.  They don't ever put enough blueberries in them. :( 

• Heart 1