So in addition to my personal problems..

petitepedal

7 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Independent living..she was an "I'm Okay" checker, but not on the program herself.

The independent living place that my in-laws are living in has a switch they have to pull the string on by 10am every morning or someone will show up to check on them. All of the apartments have it, no matter the age or health status of the resident. My MIL forget once and had someone walk in while she was in the shower. She learned her lesson and hasn't missed it since.

Our building is 26 years old...this "program" has been in place for a long time we have volunteer residents who walk each floor 7 days a week (usually a different resident each day and each floor) residents who choose to participate...have a slide on their door..wake up in the AM..move the slide so it reads "I'm OKay"...the checker moves the slide back between 9:30 and 10...if they have not turned their sign..knock, call then get staff (usually me) or on weekends a board person...and do a room check...most often folks are AWOL...but not always....and we have the folks who are not on the program.