BREAKING NEWS

jsharr

7 hours ago, Dottie said:

All we'll need is a Giants win now to show how really, really bad the NFC East is. At this rate, the Giants have a chance to win the division.  I'm gonna say the Deadskins are out of it -- but you never know.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I believe the Giants are still technically in the hunt to win the division, Washington, too.

New York is 4 games out. Washington is 3. I'd love to see the Deadskins get in with a 6-10 or 7-9 record.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dottie said:

The latter.

Winning franchises can accrue value, too. That’s why I always laugh at opposing fan bases when they mock a losing team’s poor attendance. It’s not that they are “fair weather fans” necessarily, but not buying tickets and not going to games/buying merchandise is the fan’s only way to impact ownership’s handling of a team. Now, profit-sharing and TV revenue makes that impact less, financially, but you can at least shame them for their mismanagement with empty seats.

34 minutes ago, jsharr said:

One would assume when running a sports franchise that the two are synonymous, but it appears that one would be wrong.

Until Paul Allen bought the Seahawks, there were a lot of bad Seahawk teams and the morons still went out and supported them.  I don't think you have to be Super Bowl worthy or even playoff worthy -- if you are competitive -- chasing a playoff spot.  At least every other year or maybe at least every 3 years.  In the case of the Cleveland Browns, until recently, they have mismanaged resources for so long -- I honestly would not support them.  But their team seems like a good excuse to get drunk on Sundays. And maybe that's all it is really about.