Goin back to college

Parsnip Totin Jack

15 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

My boss’s boss, the CFO, has no quantitative method to measure my productivity and thinks he can get someone more better. This is a buy some time move to find another job and quit so he can find out that he was wrong. He’s a smartest guy in the room kind of person so I’d never win an argument. The certificate will be useful if I want to do part time consulting later on. It’s only four classes and I know the subject.

I have been fairly successful in waiting for asshole bosses to get transferred,  Of course that is a crap shoot, but the odds are with you, at least in a big company.  Plenty of openings for assholes. :D

But a four course degree in what is probably a hot field does sound like a great deal.

15 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I have been fairly successful in waiting for asshole bosses to get transferred,  Of course that is a crap shoot, but the odds are with you, at least in a big company.  Plenty of openings for assholes. :D

But a four course degree in what is probably a hot field does sound like a great deal.

CFOs don’t transfer. He’s dug in there like a tick on a lazy dog. It’s a hot field and there are lots of jobs right now. I’ll do well.

4 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Online. Isn’t that the same thing?

...so no chance of bumping into cheerleaders and sorority girls as you walk to the library ? :(

Everything I know about risk management, I learned in the fire department. "I'm sorry, lady.  We did what we could, but it was already on fire when we got here."

• Sad 1