Benadryl

Airehead

How many can I take without dying?  So itchy. Rash is stress related. Yes I have seen a doctor. Yes I have a cream and a medicine. She said supplement with Benadryl when nothing works and call her in the AM.    I will,spare you a picture m

• Hugs 1

37 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

You should ask you doctor that question..not us..at least 1 every 4 hours

They gave me four last time I needed an MRI with contrast because I am allergic so I took four. I said in original thread I will call doctor in AM. I also found the care instructions that said take up to three every four hours and call her. I had already taken four.  It has not done me in. 

• Heart 1

I may have taken 4 a few times, but I can't advise it. :whistle:  I just finished a round of steroids prescribed for a bad skin reaction, so I know how miserable it can be.  Can you try a cold ice pack for the itch?

10 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I got a bad rash from Irish Spring soap.

You too?

I can't use Irish Spring or Coast. Not ER-visit worthy, but it makes me want to take a belt sander to my skin

(And I had the opposite reaction to alcohol + Benadryl - I got really wired.)

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

You too?

I can't use Irish Spring or Coast. Not ER-visit worthy, but it makes me want to take a belt sander to my skin

(And I had the opposite reaction to alcohol + Benadryl - I got really wired.)

I switched to cheap Ivory.  It works well and doesn't irritate my skin and has no "scent" to annoy me as well.

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I switched to cheap Ivory.  It works well and doesn't irritate my skin and has no "scent" to annoy me as well.

Yeah, I try to stay away from anything with perfume, just in case.

SO gets fancy artisanal, handmade, free range, heirloom. Fair Trade. humanely harvested soap from one of her friends and that seems to be ok.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Yeah, I try to stay away from anything with perfume, just in case.

SO gets fancy artisanal, handmade, free range, heirloom. Fair Trade. humanely harvested soap from one of her friends and that seems to be ok.

Tone soap works for me. So does Oil of Olay soap if I'm having any dry skin problems. Like you, perfumed soaps are a no-go for me.

2 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

perfumed soaps are a no-go for me

I don't recall ever having a problem with anything but Coast or Irish Spring, but just to be on the safe side, I avoid anything with any kind of perfume. (Essential oils seem to be OK)

Idiots have completely wiped out the soap aisle in the LGS, so the fancy homemade soaps are about our only option.