Hey Mazda Owners

ChrisL

Do you have to replace the battery on your key fob frequently?

I got my car in May and shortly after buying it got a low battery alarm (the car tells me if the fob battery is low).  This morning I got the alarm again so it’s been about 5 months since I last replaced the battery?  I don’t ever remember replacing a fob battery on my other cars.  

Oh and @petitepedal it’s 2025 battery.  It’s easy to replace them, it’s just kinda like fuel, you have to do it often…

Yes, something with the Mazda's push button start searching for signal or some such. Lots of stuff going on there. I just change the batteries every other year so we won't be stranded at the worst possible time. Interestingly, I still have the original batteries in my '04 Dakota fobs.

• Heart 1

33 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Yes, something with the Mazda's push button start searching for signal or some such. Lots of stuff going on there. I just change the batteries every other year so we won't be stranded at the worst possible time. Interestingly, I still have the original batteries in my '04 Dakota fobs.

This is what i have.  I’m wondering if the fancy gizmo’s are burning out the battery.

Both of the transmitters for my 2009 Acadia still work from the opposite side of the parking lot.  I would say the "new" battery you got was bad,  My bike computer uses CR2032 coin batteries.  Sometimes it won't work properly with a brand new one, while a different new battery will last for years.

I changed the fob battery in my 2016 Prius in 2019.   A few months more than 3 years.   The car has a push button start and communicates with the fob a lot.    It probably will need to be changed sometime soon. :scratchhead:

I changed the fob battery in my 2010 Subaru last year.   11 years.   It should be good for a long time.  

WoBGs 97 Honda is old school and need a key.