This is a big storm

Dirtyhip

15 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The wind is driving the snow sideways.  This storm is the biggest one I have seen in a while.  WOWZA!  

We are going to take the bus to go skiing tomorrow.  :nodhead:  We already have milk, eggs, bread and ice cream sammies.

Those are strange skiing supplies!

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The wind is driving the snow sideways.  This storm is the biggest one I have seen in a while.  WOWZA!  

We are going to take the bus to go skiing tomorrow.  :nodhead:  We already have milk, eggs, bread and ice cream sammies.

It’s supposed to hit us overnight but NorCal & Central CA will get the brunt of it.

19 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I saw that. I am at the tail end and it is snowing balls. 

@BuffJim

Been busy studying Texas weather and how to avoid sunburns and scorpions. Plus I’m knee deep in Tequila. But I’ll have a chance later to check it out. The earlier ones in California were insane. 

• Heart 4

This is our forecast. Fingers crossed. If we get the snow, that could put JH over 500" on the season.

.WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM FRIDAY TO 5 AM MST SATURDAY... WHAT...Heavy snow possible with total snow accumulations of 6 to 10 inches. Higher accumulations near the foothills of the Tetons, around Alpine, and along the east side of Star Valley. Winds could gust to 45 mph, especially north of the Jackson Hole Airport.

On 3/9/2023 at 8:11 PM, Dirtyhip said:

I almost miss snow - except for the digging out.  We've had 0.2 inches, the lowest Winter total in the 131 years that BWI Airport has been officially measuring the snowfall.  We normally get around 20" from Jan. thru Mar.

With natural gas costs running very high during most of this winter, I'm happy with the warm winter's effect on my four-month Dec. thru Mar. bills totaling $837 this winter, not too much higher than $714 last year.  People in my local nextdoor.com community have been screaming about $200/month increases.  A brand-new, highly-insulated house helps!