This site may be a little slow

Square Wheels

10 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Images are about 1/2 done moving.  

I'll leave the limits to uploading the same until I get a bill from Amazon.  It's predicted to be a few cents a month, I suspect that won't be true.

If it's really cheap, I'll remove the limits.

Now you tell me!  I deleted a bunch of pics already...   :)

5 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

Now you tell me!  I deleted a bunch of pics already...   :)

I know people are doing this, and it makes me feel bad.  It was not easy to set up, and I had a couple of hours yesterday to work on it.

I do apologize to everyone for the deletion of history.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

No worries, SW. 

Deleting images made me feel like a spy. :ph34r:

Thanks

For now, I bumped everyone up a modest amount, so you should not need to delete anything.  Let's see how the AWS account goes. If it really is a couple of dollars a month for what we have now, I'll change the settings to no upload limits.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Thanks

For now, I bumped everyone up a modest amount, so you should not need to delete anything.  Let's see how the AWS account goes. If it really is a couple of dollars a month for what we have now, I'll change the settings to no upload limits.

I went through and deleted a bunch of images too. It wasn’t a big deal for me as I have the images elsewhere.

Thanks @Square Wheels for all that you do!

• Heart 3

7 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I know people are doing this, and it makes me feel bad.  It was not easy to set up, and I had a couple of hours yesterday to work on it.

SW it's not your fault.  I'd like to have some of those photos back but I had other options.  Thanks for the great service you are providing.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Thank you @Square Wheels forall. work you do for us.  Everyone e should kick in at least the cost of a movie if they can afford it. 

Well, the other trade off is that movie is over in 2-3 hours.  This deal lasts all year and you get all the food groups.  It's not often I get to the thoughts of New York, California, Texas, Illinois, Florida, Arizona, Tennessee, Oregon, Georgia, Maryland, Washington -- not to mention Canada --  and a whole bunch of others in one swoop. What's not to like?

• Awesome 1

On 6/11/2023 at 7:54 AM, Square Wheels said:

Don't feel bad, the old pics served their purpose and, as many of us are getting older, we won't remember them when they reappear and bring enjoyment in the future.

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2023 at 11:25 AM, MoseySusan said:

No worries, SW. 

Deleting images made me feel like a spy. :ph34r:

I found, out of the 90+ pages of image attachments, only about 1/4 survive any sort of scrutiny. :)  I had probably 50 Wordle images. Easy to delete, and my current way is just text, so no huge space requirement. Also, leaning on 3rd party hosted images rather than uploaded ones, and then lowering file size through compression worked too.

But this will make the cut:

image.png.2bb7f73d72ecec56b0ee4adc5b0ab6

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

I've been out of town for a bit and heads down on a few serious projects, both personal and professional, prior to that so I might have missed some of the threads.

With that said, @Square Wheels I work in AWS every day, both professionally and personally, I offer you my services in whatever you may need.

You are a nice person. Are you still living in the US?

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Are you still living in the US?

We still are! Immigration has been put on hold a bit. Last year I took a new internal role for my company thay came with a rather significant pay increase. The job will be a major portion of our new initiatives to merge all operations, europe/asia/northA/southA, into a single cloud group.

There's been talk already of needing multiple AZs just in Europe as we mobilize and a senior leadership position based in Europe has been discussed. 

Either way, as usual money has kind of answered the problem. If I make as much as I do now, hopefully more, over the rest of my life, however long that ends up being, then the family is set.

• Awesome 3

On 6/21/2023 at 12:57 PM, goldendesign said:

I've been out of town for a bit and heads down on a few serious projects, both personal and professional, prior to that so I might have missed some of the threads.

With that said, @Square Wheels I work in AWS every day, both professionally and personally, I offer you my services in whatever you may need.

I think I got it set it, it's been running for a week now and seems to be OK, it was not intuitive.

On 6/24/2023 at 3:54 PM, Square Wheels said:

I think I got it set it, it's been running for a week now and seems to be OK, it was not intuitive.

That's the nature of most of these cloud platforms (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc) in my experience. Since every service is something potentially billable some projects end up being a Rube-Goldberg mishmash of 5-6 services just to accomplish a single project scope.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1