In my 41 years on Earth

Parr8hed

I had managed to never go to a baby shower.

One of our coordinators in my office managed to get herself knocked-up and babyfied.  Most of the other coordinators (and my boss) are all dudes.  Except for the new chick that we recently hired.  The new chick insisted that we give el-preggo a baby shower.  WTF-exactly do I know any effing baby showers?

We had a staff meeting yesterday at 3 and I was in the office since I was on call.  So the boss ordered in food, the new chick brought in a cake and we had an impromptu surprise baby shower. 

There was lots of OMG's! and OOOhhhs, and that is soooooooo cute.... I just sat there like WTF are you guys doing.  I mean most of the office chicks seem to talk and communicate with other human beings somewhat normal.  But stick some cake in them and show them a tiny baby outfit and all of the sudden they can only communicate like high school freshmen. 

I am not a fan of these baby showers.

• Heart 1

I regret you'll get no sympathy from me.

If you'd hadn't hit on her and got her pregnant, you wouldn't have had to go the baby shower.

Suck it up.

(Chris types faster than I do, drat and blast!!)

Not my sperm.  I got no dog in this fight.

I don't like the idea of being forced to donate for a gift for a knocked up co-worker that is isn't even a personal friend.  Usually, I flat out say no,I am not participating in that.  While we are on this subject, it is really rude to put registry information in an invite for this stuff.  That is bad manners.  It's like "come to my wedding/baby shower/birthday and here is what I want you to buy me."

• Heart 1

I got in a big argument, of course, with the troublesome ex because she wanted me to go to a baby shower with her.  I said "no, wtf is wrong with you that you would ask?" after she asked me several times.  I am a guy, therefore, I do not go to baby showers.  I went to a few with my mom when I was a kid, I know they suck.

I went to a pre-baby coctail party last November for a friend of RW's.  No presents opened, as promised, just her friends making food and having fun.  There were guys there, like me, getting drunk and playing with the host's hairless cats.