So, @petite…my rental car has bad driver alert!

MoseySusan
Go to solution Solved by team scooter,

4 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

We did not get a truck or AWD. But I do like how the music keeps playing until I open the door. Kind of cool that I can shut off the engine, but finish listening to the song. 

Yeah, our new truck does that, and it is nice.  I always liked the windows being operational until you open the door or the headlights staying on for some period of time after you got out.  It all seems relatively "for the better".

8 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

I do like how the music keeps playing until I open the door. Kind of cool that I can shut off the engine, but finish listening to the song. 

This is an old feature. My '05 Trailblazer did this. Not sure when it became a thing. My guess is around the year 2000.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, groupw said:

Japanese vs American priorities?

Trim levels?

Our 03 Civic and 03 Accord definitely shared a lot of doodads in the top trim, but ours are lower trims, so the Accord (LX) has "more" than the Civic (DX). Might be the same for others where a top level (LX in Honda, usually) might have all the doodads, but they remove/disable as you go down the model range?

Funny (scary?) thing today is that a LOT of that is software, and they can turn it on (or off) for a price.  Decide at a later date you want the auto-dimming headlights? It's $XYZ and sent overnight in a software update.

23 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Funny (scary?) thing today is that a LOT of that is software, and they can turn it on (or off) for a price.  Decide at a later date you want the auto-dimming headlights? It's $XYZ and sent overnight in a software update.

image.png.103632884761b227cdb9be9a21d5b8ce.png

All my vehicles have bad driving alerts....it usually a horn blowing from another vehicle and if the driving is rally bad it followed with a finger. 

In the motorhome the bad driver alarm is a annoying sound that comes from the passenger seat. 

• Haha 2

On 10/2/2023 at 1:17 PM, MoseySusan said:

We did not get a truck or AWD. But I do like how the music keeps playing until I open the door. Kind of cool that I can shut off the engine, but finish listening to the song. 

My last car was a then-new 1997 Ford Taurus with no remote keys, etc.  When I got my 2013 Honda Fit, I wondered why my headlights were on (running lights) and why, at night, I would get out of my car, close the door, and the lights stayed on inside.  They turned off after a while or when I locked the doors.

I also wondered how long the battery in my key would last and what I'd be able to do when it died.  It will be 11 years-old in January and all is good so far.

• Solution

My wife's new car has that erratic driving alert and it has been driving her nuts since we bought it. Last weekend she needed my larger car to move some furniture, so I drove her car on some errands. I BSed her that the alert sent a message with congrats that driving skills have improved dramatically overnight. She dug out her owners manual and finally turned off that feature.:D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3