Can we just use “X”

Parsnip Totin Jack

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I don't use either, seems to be taken over by the crazies and hateful asshats, starting at the top.

I don’t have an account, ima just tarred of seeing stories with “so and so posted on X, formerly known as Twitter” stop beating the dead horse!

4 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

From now on? Yes, we know it is “formerly known as Twitter” There is no longer a valid reason for the use of FKAT when referring to something posted on X. Stop it already. There is X, Twitter is no more. 

Next you're going to tell me I cannot be theartistformerlyknownasdenniS. Don't steal my identity man. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes, be one with the russian bots, white nationalists, moms for liberty and evangelical anti-everthingers, and nazis, all haters are especially welcome there now! 

Yeah... that nasty First Amendment keeps getting in the way of censorship. :whistle:

I don't agree with many people...  but they do have the right to free speech.  

Now... if they break a law.... that's a horse of a different color.

A Horse of a Different Color | Blog | Forest View Farms, horseback riding  lessons, trail rides, horse boarding, petting zoo, horseback riding, horse  riding, pony rides, ponies, horses, birthday parties, hayride,

2 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Yeah... that nasty First Amendment keeps getting in the way of censorship.

See, you hear that a lot from people that don't understand the first amendment, really at all. 

As someone who hates censorship, having asshats who do their level best to lie/allow lies and blatant disinformation on private sites that formerly could keep the dregs of society, at least the worst of them, off their own platform as much as decency compels, you see a site that really courts the liars and horrible people now, or so it seems.  If you wanna be a nazi, crazy-ass evangelical (is there any other kind?), other fascist of various stripes, repressionist white nationalist bigots, the site FKAT is for you.

Decent folks not going to the site anymore isn't censorship, it bears repeating.  If musk wanted to get rid of the loudest and craziest and hateiest of the deplorables is now celebrates, that also doesn't fall under the first amendment protections, the worst of society would have to find an even worse site to fondle each other on.

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Taken over?  Nah, it has always been that. 

Yeah, but now with more fuckwads.  The site has not improved in any way since the purchase, and it isn't something that I will go to now.  

• Like 1

Allowing to spread lies massively through X can endanger lives, cause business boycotts, make people wrongly believe elections were stolen, encourage people to want to kill Congressmen, etc.

Freedom of speech does not allow people to yell, "Fire!" in a movie theater when there isn't one.

That is a CRIME.

In Maryland, there used to be a board that approved TV Advertisements.  Now that freedom of speech killed that, we get misleading ad after misleading ad.

There are ads on TV that spin the truth like, "Not only does our pill help you lose weight, 78% of it is pure fat!"

That is almost ALWAYS true when you don't exercise while losing weight: 22% of the weight you lose is muscle mass!  But they don't tell you that!

The enormity of reach of the internet makes lying on the Internet much more dangerous and prosecution much more difficult.

Censorship has become a necessary protection of the public in this new era of snake oil salesmen.