Does this mean the warranty is up?

Rattlecan

10 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

My hip replacement was one year ago today. So far, no one has contacted me about extended warranty.

I was going to joke about...  Did you get the recall notice and how you need to return and get the required free replacement part installed?

Then I used the Google....  

OMG there have been recalls...  :facepalm:   link

I hope you don't get any notices about a recall.   That would suck. 

• Heart 1

On 10/19/2023 at 10:54 PM, Bikeguy said:

I was going to joke about...  Did you get the recall notice and how you need to return and get the required free replacement part installed?

Then I used the Google....  

OMG there have been recalls...  :facepalm:   link

I hope you don't get any notices about a recall.   That would suck. 

Karen (remember Karen, between Nancy and Judie) got a recall on her knee. They haven't told her when they will have her replacement. She gets around pretty good with the one that was recalled. She rides faster than me but she is 9 years younger and rides a recumbent.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1
  • Hugs 1

On 10/19/2023 at 1:13 PM, Rattlecan said:

It has been great. I was back on the bike after five weeks and had full mobility not long after that.

Any tips? Yeah if ya need it get it done. Follow all directions and advice from the surgeon and physio therapist. Get walking as soon as you can.

I was walking the same day and took it farther every day.

Yep. All of this. I’m coming up on 8 years

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 10/19/2023 at 11:13 AM, Rattlecan said:

It has been great. I was back on the bike after five weeks and had full mobility not long after that.

Any tips? Yeah if ya need it get it done. Follow all directions and advice from the surgeon and physio therapist. Get walking as soon as you can.

I was walking the same day and took it farther every day.

I've relayed your successful recovery to another Ontario friend who will need a hip replacement. She is my age and long-time friend of 40 yrs. long.

She's vacillating and probably will wait until after she retires. (next yr.) It's very complicated because she is single, no children, and plans to move from her rental in a house when she retires... to her winterized cottage/to become permanent home.  

This is why for those of us who need surgery and if one still has partner or family/close friends living in same city, get it done pretty soon.  Later in life, you may not have the same support.