The Road Runner 2024 SWC Mileage Thread

bikeman564™

17.11 miles on the tandem with WoJSTL. Cold and a little windy. That 17 mile section of the bike path has 25 Strava segments and I'm the local legend for them all. I need to start riding other places. WoJSTL is the women's local legend on 22 of the segments.

• Heart 4

5 km. walking --on day I could have biked on a sunny day. 

But heck, needed to check out a campus completely foreign to me.  Nor have I figured out how to bike from home and learn to bypass 80% some major aertrial roads. 

There is a large chunk of roadway also under construction for another yr., up a long hill.  So forget that..and would need to explore other routing if I biked to the campus.

• Heart 2

52 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

20.13 miles on the tandem. Excellent weather.

It's excellent weather here too.  While I'm tempted to jump on the bike, I'm involved in a monthly work challenge for steps so I'll probably go to a large park and walk miles today.  But biking does sound like fun,

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

Last 6 days:  9 kms. of walking

46 kms. cycling

On certain days, did short bike rides and then later, same day used transit, walked on uni campus to see/do stuff.  Yea, sure I figured out a bike route which unfortunately is different from another easier route now blocked by major road construction to fix collapsing road section due to river water seeping underground. 

Am not still convinced is worth a bike ride via major fast-moving arterial roads and a long hill climb, with large art canvas boards and heavy wood easel case with paints, etc. 

• Heart 3
  • Like 1

56 miles, West Yellowstone to Norris and back on Saturday.  47-65 degrees, 5-15 mph winds, mostly sunny.  2 bison jams, bypassed using pullouts.  The road looked like the 405 at rush hour, only with cyclists instead of trucks and cars.

28 miles, West Yellowstone to Madison Junction and back on Sunday.  53-66 degrees, 0-10 mph winds, mostly sunny.

P4131099.JPG

P4131101.JPG

P4131104.JPG

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Like 1

24 miles riding two laps around Lake Wilhelm with Buggie Dale. He is still afraid to try new things on his cruiser bike. The Wilhelm trail has a lot of hills some very steep and lots of turns. He said he didn’t think he was ready to try that trail. His bike is a one by and he hasn’t fingered out how to downshift fast enough to make the hills. I thought when he finished the first lap he would at least master half on the hills, nope, he did a lot of walking.

• Heart 2