Florida

Chris...

3 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

Florida... :dontknow:

This reminds me of a quote I saw on reddit somewhere.  An antivaxer said "Why would you need a measles shot?  Measles doesn't exist."  Everyone was like, "ah... yeah.  you want to take a guess as to why?"

stupid...

I think, though, @MickinMD proved these measles things are overblown. :dontknow:

• Like 1

FTA: Florida surgeon general Dr. Joseph Ladapo said the state health department “is deferring to parents or guardians to make decisions about school attendance.”

So he's spinelessly retreating from the, "but mah freedum" crowd instead of doing his job.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Just doing what you are told to do failed as a defense as far back as the Nuremberg trials.

It works until the game ends. :dontknow:  Nowadays, with enough $$$ or friends in the right places, it's pretty easy to run the clock out and get away scot-free.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It works until the game ends. :dontknow:  Nowadays, with enough $$$ or friends in the right places, it's pretty easy to run the clock out and get away scot-free.

True.  This gambit seems to be in play by the rich as well.  If the conviction can be delayed till after you're dead all's good.

2 hours ago, a bunch of numbers said:

I deleted my comments.  But, because one dr goes apy shit and yells the sky is falling, shouldn't cause the more sensible general public to start ruling out vaccines as not necessary or beneficial.  Read the entire article that @MickinMD referenced.

So Mick had the measles and he was fine., got it. My brothers and I caught the measles in the late 60’s. My youngest brother developed pneumonia from it. 

At this time, CAnada is advising for anyone vacationing outside Canada, to get vaccinated if they don't think they were ever vaccinated for measles/rubella. (I was vaccinated as a child. I did also have a form of measles and ran a high fever which concerned my parents. I was 6 yrs.  I remember my own red blotchiness and fever.)    Europe apparently had enough cases.

Make sure you have 2 measles shots before you travel on spring break, says Canada's top doctor | CBC News

There were also 42,200 measles cases across more than 40 European countries last year, the World Health Organization said — a more than 40-fold increase from 2022, which saw fewer than 1,000 cases.

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

At this time, CAnada is advising for anyone vacationing outside Canada, to get vaccinated if they don't think they were ever vaccinated for measles/rubella. (I was vaccinated as a child. I did also have a form of measles and ran a high fever which concerned my parents. I was 6 yrs.  I remember my own red blotchiness and fever.)    Europe apparently had enough cases.

Make sure you have 2 measles shots before you travel on spring break, says Canada's top doctor | CBC News

There were also 42,200 measles cases across more than 40 European countries last year, the World Health Organization said — a more than 40-fold increase from 2022, which saw fewer than 1,000 cases.

Wait till polio, smallpox and the plague make a comeback.  

Plague. It's hard to believe, but the Black Death isn't just one for the history books or far-flung places. It's shown up recently in New Mexico, California, and Colorado, though it's still rare. Antibiotics can take care of it, but it can be life-threatening if it's not treated early enough.Aug 28, 2023