How petty can someone be?

KrAzY

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Needs to justify his time and actions while you folks are out there working.

The funny thing is he was supposed to have the day off, but came in to get stuff ready for Monday because we are running the water with high chlorine to kill off nitrates and nitrites in the water system. He was supposed to be setting up well lots to run three times the amount we use in the system, but decided this was more important. 

• Hugs 1

This is very costly. Supervisor should have set /confirmed with everyone the first name to be used, including with Meat.

Anyway... I'm not familiar with this type of "problem" but I know some (many) of our field operations are still manual, using paper while other processes became digital, with an automatic personal ID based on person's corporate HR login ID.

Sometimes manual with field inspections is still great, sometimes same work pace, when going digital.  Depends on front-end design for input and technology used. 

9 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

This is very costly. Supervisor should have set /confirmed with everyone the first name to be used, including with Meat.

Anyway... I'm not familiar with this type of "problem" but I know some (many) of our field operations are still manual, using paper while other processes became digital, with an automatic personal ID based on person's corporate HR login ID.

Sometimes manual with field inspections is still great, sometimes same work pace, when going digital.  Depends on front-end design for input and technology used. 

When the head boss got hired, he put in place and made forms for us to fill in every morning. Logs stay on site yet we also enter info into the computer. He then goes and checks what we enters against what the computer gathered that night. At the end of the month he has all the papers gathered and then again goes line by line seeing if the numbers match up. 
before he started this, the numbers were used that the computers gave and once a month they checked to see if the numbers were correct on the site. 
he has basically made more work then needed to justify a job for him 😂

oh.. a new thing he came up with today was for me to check if the key pad for the gates work twice a week. When asked if the gate works, I said yes. It opens when I use the remote in the truck.. now I have to get out and input a code on Tuesdays and Thursdays and report back that the keypad works.. this guy just makes up things to keep us busy

47 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

When the head boss got hired, he put in place and made forms for us to fill in every morning. Logs stay on site yet we also enter info into the computer. He then goes and checks what we enters against what the computer gathered that night. At the end of the month he has all the papers gathered and then again goes line by line seeing if the numbers match up. 
before he started this, the numbers were used that the computers gave and once a month they checked to see if the numbers were correct on the site. 
he has basically made more work then needed to justify a job for him 😂

oh.. a new thing he came up with today was for me to check if the key pad for the gates work twice a week. When asked if the gate works, I said yes. It opens when I use the remote in the truck.. now I have to get out and input a code on Tuesdays and Thursdays and report back that the keypad works.. this guy just makes up things to keep us busy

What could be cut back? Has he told anyone of errors in computer vs. paper (sounds like you folks could go digital), or he would tell only errant staff member?  

7 hours ago, shootingstar said:

What could be cut back? Has he told anyone of errors in computer vs. paper (sounds like you folks could go digital), or he would tell only errant staff member?  

The thing is a lot could be cutback. There are no errors with the computers reporting. The errors are on employee side. It allows him something that he can call us over and micro manage employees. He just keeps making up little jobs for us to do while we already have enough on our plates. 

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I bet he has to use his booger hook and bung hole poker to press those keys!  That poor overworked finger!  

I don't even want to think about it.  No, I really don't want to think about it.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I don't even want to think about it.  No, I really don't want to think about it.

Words, when used correctly, can paint a vivid mental image.  Just image the brown build up under the nail.

6 hours ago, KrAzY said:

The thing is a lot could be cutback.

I'm fairly sure "J" is what could be cut back, and he is doing his damnedest to look "essential".  Most middle management (likely much of management in general) could be cut back with either no or likely positive impacts.

• Heart 1