Full day interview

Dottleshead

Well, I had originally scheduled today to be on the road and heading out of town for a nice 4 day weekend on the Olympic Peninsula to do some trail riding on this guy http://www.olympicdiscoverytrail.com/ but wound up getting a job interview instead.  We're still going but not until after 6.5 hours of getting grilled with technical questions from engineers I've never met.  Well, that's not entirely true.  There is a woman from my current group on my current job that jumped ship and now works there who was/is really good.  Still, I doubt she'll be putting on the gloves for me.  

So, instead of relaxing and driving to our hotel room today, I've elected to submit myself to pure hell.  Interviews.  If you work in the software industry -- it's what you do.

Edited by dotman17
  • Heart 1

she'll be putting on the gloves for me.

A rectal exam, too? Boy, they ARE thorough!

SO says the last guy they hired, they grilled the shit out of him on all the technical aspects of programming....but didn't look at his personal interactions or ask around about his previous gigs with other contractors. They are now stuck with a lazy POS who doesn't function well in a team environment, and if they'd done their due diligence, would have known this.

• Heart 1

Interviewed with a Spanish company once.  They are thorough.  5 different interviews.  Local manager, International technical manager, Company president.  Psychologist (seems to be a European company thing) and the family that owned the company (interview in Barcelona).  Signed on for the job but before I could start they moved the North American office to Mexico City.

No.

Funniest part of the interview was when the tech manager handed me a manual written completely in Spanish and asked for a translation.  Uh oh, two years of high school Spanish a while back...............err looked at page.........could read about 1 word in 10.............looked at page again, noticed shape of paragraph and location in manual and promptly spoke out

"Caution, do not operate equipment without completely reading manual".

Faked it just fine.

Edited by maddmaxx
  • Heart 1

​....so I have mentioned it before.  I thought so.:)

​No, you've got me all wrong.  I absolutely love commuting into work an hour a day, spending 8-10 hours on the job and returning on an even longer commute while you're fixing bikes and making snide remarks on forum websites.  

Edited by dotman17

​No, you've got me all wrong.  I absolutely love commuting into work an hour a day, spending 8-10 hours on the job and returning on an even longer commute while you're fixing bikes and making snide remarks on forum websites.  

​...OK. you are right.  I misunderstood.:)  Work harder, all us old people are depending on you.

• Heart 2

​...maybe if the interviews take six fucking hours they are still interviewing people ?

​Well, the guy told me they like to give a day or two turnaround and they had all weekend to think about it.  I didn't bother asking what happens when I don't get it.  Usually no response is the common way they go.  

I guess I could hear tomorrow.

Edited by dotman17

I've only ever did the entire day interview thing once, I left early because after several hours, I realized they were all a  bunch of flipping idiots and I would go insane dealing with them every day.  That's the good thing about short interviews, not enough time for me to realize they people interviewing me are complete idiots.  Just because I'm usually the smartest person in the room, doesn't mean I want to be.

• Heart 1

Gawd what a bunch of dumbasses.

ku1_12.jpg

protractor is a rectangular, square, triangle, circular, octagon, oval or semicircular measuring instrument, typically made of transparent plastic or glass, for measuring angles. Most protractors measure angles in degrees (°). Radian-scale protractors measure angles in radians.

They are used for a variety of mechanical and engineering-related applications, but perhaps the most common use is in geometry lessons in schools.

Some protractors are simple half-discs. More advanced protractors, such as the bevel protractor, have one or two swinging arms, which can be used to help measure the angle.

Divider caliper[edit]

Main article: Compass (drafting)

A pair of dividers

In the metalworking field, a divider caliper, popularly called a compass, is used in the process of marking out locations. The points are sharpened so that they act as scribers, one leg can then be placed in the dimple created by a center or prick punch and the other leg pivoted so that it scribes a line on the workpiece's surface, thus forming an arc or circle.

A divider caliper is also used to measure a distance between two points on a map. The two caliper's ends are brought to the two points whose distance is being measured. The caliper's opening is then either measured on a separate ruler and then converted to the actual distance, or it is measured directly on a scale drawn on the map. On a nautical chart the distance is often measured on the latitude scale appearing on the sides of the map: one minute of arc of latitude is approximately onenautical mile or 1852 metres.

• Heart 1

I know a woman on the inside and think she'd give me the courtesy either way.  I sent a really nice follow up with her basically giving her an easy out and she has not responded.  But I also sent the recruiter an email today that said I was really interested and have not heard back from her either.  It tells me I am still being considered. 

I know a woman on the inside and think she'd give me the courtesy either way.  I sent a really nice follow up with her basically giving her an easy out and she has not responded.  But I also sent the recruiter an email today that said I was really interested and have not heard back from her either.  It tells me I am still being considered. 

​Is she hot?