Does a southerman need me around?

Neil Young

​Why Parr8?  

​I really can't put in words why I don't care for him, just not my cup of tea.  His voice is a little whiney for my tastes.  It's odd because I usually like music of that era.  I like Crosby Still and Nash and he was OK with them.  And I love me some Bob Dylan and he had a horrible voice as well.  But just never really cared for Neil Young.

​I really can't put in words why I don't care for him, just not my cup of tea.  His voice is a little whiney for my tastes.  It's odd because I usually like music of that era.  I like Crosby Still and Nash and he was OK with them.  And I love me some Bob Dylan and he had a horrible voice as well.  But just never really cared for Neil Young.

​This is about my take as well but he did come up with some awesome acoustic guitar riffs which is what I do like. 

​There are some people that should just stick with the guitar ;-)

I can appreciate his playing.

​That is what is so cool aboot music - some stuff resonates with you, some with other people.  He and Elvis Costello are two of my faves mainly because of their songwriting, but I love both as performers too. 

• 6 years later...