When was the last time you went bowling?

Square Wheels

The year after I got out of the Navy.  Sometime in 74.  I was waiting for my wife's bus in a heavy snow storm.  I remember going in the bowling alley and rolling a triple 94, 265, 99.  Keeping in practice and bowling shape was out of the question as I didn't have days every week to live in the alley.  I quit and walked away.

47 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Did you get to bowl with them?

Of course.  Why go to a bowling alley if not to bowl?  We also golfed and rode and drank wine and just hung out.  They are a very inclusive bunch of guys. They would give you a hard time if you didn't hang out in the dressing room after the show.  They always said, there was no member of the group that wasn't as integral as themselves.  Business managers could learn a lot from a rock band. 

• Heart 3

In the 1980s. Like golf, I was horrible at it even though I'm left handed. Supposedly lefties have an advantages on lanes that aren't maintained all that well. The wax or whatever coating they use doesn't wear out as fast on the left side of the lanes.

My father was a pin setter back in the days before they had machines to do it. I remember him taking me to the little 4-lane alley / bar where he previously worked. It was amazing watching the pin setters quickly remove knocked down pins and reset all ten pins then climb up out of the way. Each guy was responsible for 2 lanes.

3 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

My town had a small hotel that was doubling as a meth lab.  They FBI shut it down and the town torn the place down.  They built a bowling alley in it's place.  The place is always packed.  I expect to go in and have 80's flashbacks and be listening to Flock of Seagulls.

I am sad for the meth heads that are now unable to get their much-needed meth.