Fasting

maddmaxx

I'm enjoying a tasty turkey sandwich on processed white bread, probably the last real food I will get for the next 30 hours or so.  I will be ascending to my throne later today so if you hear any strange noises from my posts just ignore them.

Perhaps during the fast I will have visions to report back on

• Awesome 2
  • Sad 1

Do they give you a video of the procedure? The first one I had I watched it on the monitor. Now they drug you so you can’t watch. I found it interesting but they told me if they find something I wouldn’t find it so interesting. It just looked like exploring a long curvy tunnel when I watched it. I suppose it could look more like exploring the paw paw tunnel with all it’s falling bricks if there is something wrong.

• Haha 1

Well, the first time they found some polyps that were removed and tested non cancerous.  That's how I got on to the 5 year schedule.  Last time was with a clean bill of health, just advice not to eat peanuts as the examination showed the possibility of future diverticulitis and the advice to take care with my diet.

55 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I'm fasting this morning as well, for a related procedure (I think), though mine is just going in from the top.  I hope they washed the camera good.

Good luck Maxx!

I don't think they use the same camera.  I believe I had that camera used when they checked the lump in my throat and that one was small enough to fit through the nose.  I'm assuming that your nose is smaller than your grommet as is mine.

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I'm enjoying a tasty turkey sandwich on processed white bread, probably the last real food I will get for the next 30 hours or so.  I will be ascending to my throne later today so if you hear any strange noises from my posts just ignore them.

Perhaps during the fast I will have visions to report back on

Fasting blood sugar? I've got that next week.

According to my keto guru, the devil makes Wonder bread.

..fasting is good for you. It gives your digestive system a chance to rest and recover.  I used to do 48 hour fasts every couple of months.

But with all the rest of that stuff you're going to be drinking and taking to "assist" with your "evacuation", you can forget about rest and recovery. :(

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

This no food thing is really hard for me. I am on a small side and my metabolism is like a furnace.  I am sitting here with a light headache already.  It's not even Noon.

I was very hungry yesterday about midway through the prep.  I felt better this morning.  A mild headache was the worst of it.  I think I missed my coffee most of all.

47 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

This no food thing is really hard for me. I am on a small side and my metabolism is like a furnace.  I am sitting here with a light headache already.  It's not even Noon.

A hovering hummingbird burns energy faster than any other bird or mammal — and it often lives just hours from starvation.

...you should probably take a nap.

• Awesome 1