Should I eat today?

Randomguy

On one hand, no. I am trying to lose some weight.  Not eating would be a step in the right direction.  

On the other hand, I have a lot to accomplish today, fueling might be good so I don’t fade to oblivion.  I am also very hungry.  

What should I do and why?  

Well there are those people who eat very little...3 days a week...and regular meals 4 days a week.   I am a believer in a good breakfast..but on the other hand I have been known to not eat anything until 1 or 2 in the afternoon... I suggest prep some small healthy snacks for the rest of your work week. and go with how you feel....just don't get too hungry that people start wondering if you are in training for Nathan's hot dog eating contest :whistle:

....I was stuck at Costco for 5 hours yesterday getting a tire repaired. It was a nightmare.  I finally broke down and ordered something out on the dining patio when I realized all the food samples were crap.  I got the chicken Caesar salad, which was not as bad as most of the other stuff they have on the menu.  It was interesting watching all the people order the $1.50 hot dog and soft drink with free refills special.  Really interesting...in a supersize me way.

Pro tip for Costco:  do not try to get anything done at the tire shop on a weekend.:quitur:

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

....I was stuck at Costco for 5 hours yesterday getting a tire repaired. It was a nightmare.  I finally broke down and ordered something out on the dining patio when I realized all the food samples were crap.  I got the chicken Caesar salad, which was not as bad as most of the other stuff they have on the menu.  It was interesting watching all the people order the $1.50 hot dog and soft drink with free refills special.  Really interesting...in a supersize me way.

Pro tip for Costco:  do not try to get anything done at the tire shop on a weekend.:quitur:

That applies to any tire shop, not just Costco.  Working people all expect to have all their service taken care of on the weekend.....preferably saturday so they have sunday off.  When I was attempting to work my way through college after the service I was employed in the service center of Sears and the average saturday waiting time even for something as simple as a bettery was 4 hours.

Funny story:  The above is the cause of something known as the wednesday battery failure.  This occurs when someone is too impatient to wait 4 hours for a battery and the free checks that go with it's installation.  Instead they buy the battery and take it home and install it themselves.  This might be ok for someone moderately skilled but for the average consumer, a new battery installed in a system with a failed voltage regulator on saturday will last till about wednesday.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

Costco is not a place I would ever think to go for a tire repair. 

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

You should have gone for a bike ride from the Costco 

...funny you should mention that. I just rode over there, because it's right next door to REI, and I wanted to trade some arch support insoles I bought there for a larger size.  Costco was completely empty, and there were no lines at the gas pumps.

REI is a madhouse, because this it s their big Memorial Day kickoff to summer outdoors sale.  If anyone is in the market for Ortlieb panniers, they're 25% off this weekend. :)  That makes them 25% off on a lot of money. I'm kinda surprised @Square Wheels did not ask for a set of Ortlieb touring bags from Germany as part of his ongoing BMW negotiations.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Wanna buy a gently used backpack, near new condition?

...I was really, really tempted by those panniers at REI.  I've lusted after them for years. Their bar bag is also very nice. But I don't get paid on Friday like some people and I couldn't justify 300 bucks for the upgrade from the bags I  have.

I also have a very nice backpack that gets about as much use as yours. :( We should make plans to go hiking in the Sierra with @Dottie, when he tries out a section of the PCT (assuming he ever does.) I know some great hiking and campfire songs from my days in the Boy Scouts.  And if anyone gets attacked by a bear, I was a professional EMT here for a while.  I probably couldn't save you, but I know all the right things to do. :)  

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...I was really, really tempted by those panniers at REI.  I've lusted after them for years. Their bar bag is also very nice. But I don't get paid on Friday like some people and I couldn't justify 300 bucks for the upgrade from the bags I  have.

I also have a very nice backpack that gets about as much use as yours. :( We should make plans to go hiking in the Sierra with @Dottie, when he tries out a section of the PCT (assuming he ever does.) I know some great hiking and campfire songs from my days in the Boy Scouts.  And if anyone gets attacked by a bear, I was a professional EMT here for a while.  I probably couldn't save you, but I know all the right things to do. :)  

Those guys are 300 hundred miles in and 400 miles to go to the Sierras. I have other friends who are at the base of them trying to figure out their next play is  Now my wife is working and doubtful I can meet them . But I would be up to flying out to meet you all and go do are own thing.