Am I the only one who dislikes toast?

ChrisL

I love bread (although it doesn’t love me back) but when I eat toast, the coarseness of the toasted bread chews up the skin on the roof of my mouth.  I only like bread that isn’t coarse & rough for this reason. My older brother has the same issue.

Anyone else dislike toast for this reason?

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I love bread (although it doesn’t love me back) but when I eat toast, the coarseness of the toasted bread chews up the skin on the roof of my mouth.  I only like bread that isn’t coarse & rough for this reason. My older brother has the same issue.

I like toasted bread - Toast with jam...  I dislike most other things toasted.  Toasted hot dog or hamburger or deli buns - No way.

Toasted cheese sandwich is good but toast that bread for any other sandwich and I'd toss it.

Toasted bagels are the bomb...

20 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I LOVE toast.  But, my idea of toast is usually smothered with butter & dripping with honey, smothered with butter & dripping with jam, or smothered with butter & covered in cinnamon-sugar.  In a pinch, I'll do just smothered in butter or maybe buttered with peanut butter.

I like toast with or without butter and jam.  Sometimes toast a piece of rye bread and eat with a hunk of sharp cheese. A 'Good' toasted cheese sandwich is hard to beat, but I'll sometimes toast bread, cover with slices of sausage and drench with Rudy's bar-b-que sauce.  I might just go make one of those sausage sandwiches before I do chores.

• Heart 3

Just now, sheep_herder said:

I like toast with or without butter and jam.  Sometimes toast a piece of rye bread and eat with a hunk of sharp cheese. A 'Good' toasted cheese sandwich is hard to beat, but I'll sometimes toast bread, cover with slices of sausage and drench with Rudy's bar-b-que sauce.  I might just go make one of those sausage sandwiches before I do chores.

I grilled brats and had brats in buns with bbq sauce recently.  What sausage is your go to?

3 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

There is really not a good source for some of the German sausages we were able to buy in Texas.

There is a German Deli where I live that my wife & I would go to often. The place changed ownership and focuses more on the meat, cheese & beer and less on the imported goods.

Anyway I had a sausage sandwich that was to die for (roll not toasted!).  I was going to remove the sausage & eat it with the kraut & mustard but made the mistake  of taking a bite roll & all and I was done. Or should I say it was done...

I’d like to go back and try all of the different sausages they offer. The potato salad was top notch & served warm.  The kraut had good flavor & not salty as it often can be.

The place was always good but is top notch now!

• Heart 3