What was your favorite baseball mitt?

BuffJim

A Wilson infielders glove.  I bought it with hard earned cash at the Erie Sports Store in about 1967.  I used it during Senior Little League, High School ball, some semi-pro after HS and several years of softball.  It's out in the garage right now with a ball in it as it always had a ball in it.  I haven't used it since about 1990.

• Heart 1

I’m partial to Rawlings.  My son has had a couple of custom gloves over the years but after hanging up his cleats keeps a high end but off the shelf Rawlings 11.5” infielders glove and a 12.5” outfielders glove.

Not sure what he did with his other gloves!?!?

• Heart 1

You guys ever just pull your glove out & smell it?  Something magical about the smell of a baseball glove.

This thread reminds me that I should condition my glove and properly store it. Now that I’m retired from softball again it’ll be a while before I break it out.  I should really check my bag too, there is probably months old sweaty socks & towels in it!

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

Being lefthanded, I was put at first base on my first little-league team.

One day, my father came home with a first baseman's mitt.  I loved that glove, maybe because all the kids on the team were jealous I had a bigger glove than them.

The same here.  I played first and liked that glove.

• Heart 1

Mine was a softball glove. I pitched and played first base and it was a pain to bring two gloves. It was a Wilson that just barely met the requirements of a fielders glove but was shaped like a first baseman's mitt. I had to bring the paperwork for it with me as other teams did challenge me wearing the glove while pitching. Also I'm a leftie so it's harder to find gloves. I think that I still have the glove in storage somewhere even though I haven't played softball in 30 years.

Looks like there are at least three southpaws here. I batted right though.

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Zealot said:

I never had a glove until my son began little league. So, I bought his gear and bought myself a glove.  A year later I was the coach of his team. Did it for 3 years.

i still have the glove. Pulled it out over the summer to teach my grandson about baseball.  

I wasn’t much of a ball player as a kid and other than my obligatory stint in little league that was it for organized baseball.

When my son started playing little league I got a decent but not great Rawlings glove so we would play catch.  My daughter then wanted to play so I got her a softball glove. 
I wasn’t coach dad as I’m not a baseball guy but loved being out there so volunteered to pitch BP, shag balls whatever was needed.  The glove got good usage.  
When I started playing softball I got a better glove but still have that first one.

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I wasn’t much of a ball player as a kid and other than my obligatory stint in little league that was it for organized baseball.

When my son started playing little league I got a decent but not great Rawlings glove so we would play catch.  My daughter then wanted to play so I got her a softball glove. 
I wasn’t coach dad as I’m not a baseball guy but loved being out there so volunteered to pitch BP, shag balls whatever was needed.  The glove got good usage.  
When I started playing softball I got a better glove but still have that first one.

I wasn’t a baseball player as a kid at all. Hated it actually.  I threw a ball ‘like a girl’ and was teased for it. And I couldn’t hit a ball to save my life.  

My ability in sports came in my late teens and 20s.  But I learned about some things so that I could play a part in my son’s world.  ?

• Heart 1