Be prepared

BR46

Frankie is a local celebrity at home...., and has gotten over 32 million hits on youtube.  He is autistic and his area of focus has always been on weather and started youtubing weather reports years ago for his own fun.  He started maonly with local weather and has been taken in and shown the working of Environment Canada and has even done some broadcast news reports.

Saying anything derogatory about Frankie in Nova Scotia is a pretty sure fire way to get punched in the mouth by a Maritimer

• Heart 1

Had a friend who for no real reason went to college in Nova Scotia. He had some pretty wild stories about them. My favorite was he saw a cop pull a passed out drunk up to his cop car, got his head up and then poured the local moonshine called Screech down his throat.

The Scots that have survived being Scottish must have the livers of Norse gods.

We haven't had a major winter storm for a few years. I think it's a record.

It's been like the Charge of the Light Brigade: "Snow to the north of us, Snow to the south of us, snow to the west of us blizzard'd and accumulated," while we got next to nothing over and over.

We're due.

I'm prepared. I have my new snow boots that I didn't need last winter in their box on my dresser and I stored my snow shovel, ice pick and 40 lb. of ice melt near my front door: my back door sometimes gets snowed-shut because there's no roof over the deck outside it.

I hope all the preparation means mother nature will play a trick on me and we'll dodge the bullet again.

1991599014_BootsforSnow.JPG.4a7e9ce6dbcad61fbf893d34c72e788e.JPG