Grinders

Parr8hed

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

What are the odds of me keeping my fingers and toes?

So, we're able to put money on this?  I'm ready.

I'm going with toes, not fingers, being the best bet.  Especially since I know you'll be out there in some ratty tennis shoes instead of steel toe boots.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Especially since I know you'll be out there in some ratty tennis shoes instead of steel toe boots.

This is a stump grinder.  I don't think it cares what kind of footwear he has on when it eats his foot.

• Haha 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

This is a stump grinder.  I don't think it cares what kind of footwear he has on when it eats his foot.

He might want to go barefoot? Can sell his now useless footwear on Ebay? Does anyone really just buy one shoe, though?  He's gonna have to plan this escapade a little more thoroughly.

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

So, we're able to put money on this?  I'm ready.

I'm going with toes, not fingers, being the best bet.  Especially since I know you'll be out there in some ratty tennis shoes instead of steel toe boots.

Prob flip flops.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

When you are done, come up this way and get the two stumps in my backyard.

I'm to cheap to rent a stump grinder so I've been doing the slow charcoal burn out method and these damn pine stumps are stubborn.

23 minutes ago, Indy said:

When you are done, come up this way and get the two stumps in my backyard.

I'm to cheap to rent a stump grinder so I've been doing the slow charcoal burn out method and these damn pine stumps are stubborn.

I tried drilling some holes in one but you're right it's too slow.  I have 3-4 of them.  I figure it's time to just take care of them.

Be careful!

The local power company, BGE, sent a guy around to tell us they were trimming the branches of our trees from around their phone-pole power lines. I had two 60 year-old maple trees I didn't like tangling the lines.  The guy turned out to be someone I grew up with and I asked him if BGE would cut the entire two trees down.  He came through and they did for free!  But they left the stumps and the cut up large branches which I had no trouble getting fireplace users to haul away.

I tried drilling holes in the stumps and pouring in that rot-promoting stuff but it didn't work fast enough.  Eventually, someone knocked on my door offering to grind both stumps for $50.  That's how I got rid of mine.

• Heart 1