If the stores are closed, where will we all be able to get lottery tickets?

Randomguy

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

There's about to be rioting even with the beer and liquor sales.  Peeps in Michigan are upset!

Entertainment is essential.  My guess is that the hardcore alcoholics would start visiting folks that they thought might have alcohol, spreading it that way might be riskier than just going to a liquor store or somesuch.  Anything you get and bring home to consume should probably be considered essential.

Is pot legal in MI yet?

1 minute ago, Bikeguy said:

All of the gas stations are open here.  That where most people buy lottery tickets in IL.

Oh yeah, I hadn't thought of that, there are no gas stations in Manhattan that I know of.  There were a few when I first got here in 2007, those are gone.

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You have overcome it before.  Once again, Canada would be your friend.  :) 

I can't imagine how it would have been to live through that silliness!  In Cleveland, there were probably daily shipping/trucking runs to Canada to stop the government shenanigans, it probably wasn't much of a real shortage.

22 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

All of the gas stations are open here.  That where most people buy lottery tickets in IL.

I buy my Illinois lottery tickets online.

The Powerball was up to $170 million and going up $5 mil if there wasn't a winner. It started out at $5 mil. Last week they dropped the prize down to $5 mil without a winner and it is only going up in $2 mil increments now. It must be hurting. Mega Millions hasn't changed yet.

16 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

It looks like the answer is no  for NY.  (unless I didn't dig deep enough into their web site)

You can buy on line in IL.  https://www.illinoislottery.com/   Maybe for people who live in IL?  Not sure, you have to register to play.   I just go to a gas station.

You have to be in Illinois to play. They check by IP address location. They once thought that I was in Missouri and I had to call a number to clear that up. Also you have to use a credit card and some cards won't work on the site. Something about gambling. 

20 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I can't imagine how it would have been to live through that silliness!  In Cleveland, there were probably daily shipping/trucking runs to Canada to stop the government shenanigans, it probably wasn't much of a real shortage.

Boats baby!  Fast boats. :) 

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Huh?  

The executive order doesn't say "no boating" but it doesn't list it as acceptable. Here is the FAQ:

Does boating constitute “outdoor activity” under the new executive order?

A: Physical outdoor activity like kayaking, canoeing, and sailing is permitted under the order, but using a motorboat, a jet ski, or other similar watercraft is not. Any outdoor activity permitted under the order, including boating, must be done in a manner consistent with social distancing, and individuals should use only their own equipment to prevent the transmission of the virus through the touching of shared surfaces. Additionally, in accordance with section 2 of the order, persons not part of a single household may not boat together. 

While some boating is permitted under the order, the provision of boating services or supplies does not itself constitute critical infrastructure work, and businesses and operations may not designate workers to come to work for that purpose. As needed, these businesses and operations may designate workers to leave their home for work if their in-person presence is strictly necessary to conduct the minimum basic operations listed in section 4(b) of the order. Minimum basic operations do not include serving members of the public. The order, however, does permit in-person work necessary to maintain the safety and sanitation of sites otherwise open to the public for outdoor physical activity permitted under the order. All in-person work permitted under the order must be done in accordance with the mitigation measures listed in section 10 of the order.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

I dunno.  The pot shop across the street is doing a raging business.  No booze sold there.

The medicinal pot would be considered essential no matter what, I would think.  Recreational and diverted would mean less focus on federal failings and flailings, so also essential.

No pot, no booze would certainly equal riots, quickly.

• Haha 1