Parr8 and his RV...

Randomguy

I always make sure I'm never behind someone in a rental RV at a dump station. This is not an isolated incident. Those people usually take 10 times longer to get it figured out, then leave a nasty mess for whoever follows them.

• Heart 1

I have a had two really bad issues with holding tanks on boats when I managed the boat rental.

Some how the holding tank on our Catalina 27 got pressurized.  Vent must have been clogged.  I went to open it to pump out and it geyersed on me.  I began puking immediately as I dove over the side of the boat into the lake.

Another time, our 26 foot sports cruiser came back to the dock reeking of gas fumes.  The people renting it stopped to fill it with gas, instead of coming back to our dock.   Instead of putting fuel in the gas tank, they put fuel into the holding tank.  I am surprised the boat did not explode.

Getting the gas out of that was super scary, as we had to pump it out and could not make a spark.

• Confused 1

And then there is the bad design. Was looking at a review on YouTube of the Thor Gemini on a Sprinter chassis. In fairness, it was headlined as the least expensive on the Sprinter chassis and you could see why with shortcuts and downgraded furnishings throughout. But on the exterior walking around, the black and gray were recessed under the chassis rather than in latched compartment. To hook up the lines, you had to lay on the ground at the dump station. Not gonna happen!

That video is the classic reason you hook it up and open the gray tank valve to check the connection, close that valve and open the black tank. When black tank is empty (including any fresh water internal tank cleanout spray if it has that feature/option), re-open the gray tank to wash away the crap from the black tank that is in the line. Any final spray down with the fresh water from a dump station water spigot isn't nearly as nasty following the  gray tank flush prior to storing the line. 

• Heart 1

My high school buddy's dad bought a Winnebago, the first time he tried to empty the tank things went horribly wrong and he was covered head to toe. My buddy's little brother ( maybe 6 ? ) was trying to help dad, who was now a shit covered monster, dad started screaming at the kid to get the hose.

The kid started crying and puked.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Further said:

My high school buddy's dad bought a Winnebago, the first time he tried to empty the tank things went horribly wrong and he was covered head to toe. My buddy's little brother ( maybe 6 ? ) was trying to help dad, who was now a shit covered monster, dad started screaming at the kid to get the hose.

The kid started crying and puked.

Fun times. :D

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, UglyBob said:

I always make sure I'm never behind someone in a rental RV at a dump station. This is not an isolated incident. Those people usually take 10 times longer to get it figured out, then leave a nasty mess for whoever follows them.

I was behind n0ob at the dump station at a camping world last summer. After he figured ( I offered to help him) it out witch took forever he leaves the RV in the dump spot and walked in side the store to go shopping. 

Wo46 put a stop to that real fast. 

• Awesome 3