So is anyone else enjoying the TdF as much as me? (No spoilers but maybe some teasers)

groupw

The last few years have felt a little predestined without a great deal of drama. This year, it seems like something interesting has happened almost every day. New faces. Some Americans to cheer for who are doing good things. Hope the rest day doesn’t mess up the good vibe. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

50 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

Not enjoying as to see it here you have to pay a streaming service to watch, so am only reading the daily recaps.

But a good story to date.   Wish I was watching more of it

YouTube has pretty good recaps that post a few hours after the stage ends.

• Heart 1

Definitely a more open race this year which is fun.   I don't often watch the smaller races ,so I'm usually catching up on the big names during the Spring Classics and the Giro.  I feel I'm catching up a bit given the limited racing before the TdF, but it's fun.  The only downside is not knowing when health related issues could change the results or cause a team to get kicked out.

10 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Not enjoying as to see it here you have to pay a streaming service to watch, so am only reading the daily recaps.

But a good story to date.   Wish I was watching more of it

What's the big deal to paying to watch it?  Flo Bikes has a stream of it (for CAnada).  They have a monthly rate and a cancel anytime option.  I go with the annual subscription, but say $10-$20 for a month of the Tour????  Well worth it.

image.png.b085eac0f76f9fed4b7a4b7f22ff1dbe.png

It is $30 bucks here.  But it is not the money.  I hope no one gets it so they do not rebid for the rights in 2023.  

This having to keep getting multiple streaming services for one thing each adds up and is just a different fancier, more expensive full cable service that I do not really want any part of.  I just downloaded the TdF app and get the live feeds on my phone

3 hours ago, Zephyr said:

It is $30 bucks here.  But it is not the money.  I hope no one gets it so they do not rebid for the rights in 2023.  

This having to keep getting multiple streaming services for one thing each adds up and is just a different fancier, more expensive full cable service that I do not really want any part of.  I just downloaded the TdF app and get the live feeds on my phone

I gotta think it is healthier for the sport to be carried on an a la carte streaming sort of model than hidden or ignored altogether by the cable networks.  In the US, NBC has the rights, and that makes it easy to record and watch, but streaming options for the Giro, Vuelta, Worlds, various monuments and shorter stage races are what I like. My annual subscription gets me about 30x what the broadcast/cable networks run, and way more than even the "golden years" during Lances height of popularity where OLN/Universal/whatever carried the Big Three plus a few of the one day classics.  

2020 - despite the coronovirus - is far superior for a cycling fan than any time in my life with pretty much every pro race - male and female and multiple classes (U23 or juniors) - available LIVE and in replays.

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

Possibly, or for a team that had a support person test positive, the next person to develop a fever goes home due to a "leg cramp".

Yep - you wonder if there is a loophole like that.  Or random testing.  Or just the once-a-week tests?