Will you have a siesta today?

Randomguy

Probably but hopefully not.  Due to my concussion I have been taking 3-4 20-30 minute power naps daily. Basically when the brain fog or fatigue sets in I shut it down.  I woke up feeling really good today though so hopefully I’m turning the corner. 

I think I mentioned I’m having dry wall & paint work done to the house.  I set up a little bed in my garage with couch cushions on a yoga mat as the bed & couch are covered.  My wife is also working from the garage.  It’s actually really refreshing with the cool breeze, birds singing & such. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I can’t make any siesta jokes anymore. I used to often take a break from work and go see Esta. :(

You coulda’ been Norm Crosby!  :P  We always used to tell an electrical engineer at work that he really missed his calling, because he was funny as hell. :D

Lately I prefer just taking my time to get up. Naps just eff me over because I feel like crap when I wake up from one. Except when commuting in the car. Then I wake up refreshed. Hmmm, maybe I need to reconsider. No, I know what it is. In the car it is the best option. When not confined to a car, it seems more a waste of time. The brian is funny. 

Except on lazy crappy weather days. Then naps are very apropos. :)

My favorite times to take a see esta was when we were trying to get pregnant and and I was the maintenance supervisor at a large retreat center. Her doctor had her take her temperature often and when her temp world change that was a signal that she was ovulating. I would get a phone call at my office telling me to come home, I need you. I would tell my maintenance crew to handle whatever come up, I’ll be back a little later.

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My favorite times to take a see esta was when we were trying to get pregnant and and I was the maintenance supervisor at a large retreat center. Her doctor had her take her temperature often and when her temp world change that was a signal that she was ovulating. I would get a phone call at my office telling me to come home, I need you. I would tell my maintenance crew to handle whatever come up, I’ll be back a little later.

Booty call!  :D

I wanted one, but I got home from my sister's too late.  On the plus side, my niece flew in to surprised her parents for the weekend, so it was nice to see her.  My nephew drove in, but we knew he was going to be there.  Now that they're both busy with their jobs and live away, we don't get to see them together very often.                    

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I tend to not sleep during the day, even if I had a bad night's sleep.

I'll try to get more exercise the next day, which usually ensures a good night's sleep that night.

That works for me unless I jump the shark and get TOO much exercise, and then I toss and turn all night. :(