When do you think the noobs will feel acclimated?

Randomguy

43 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Don runs his salvage operations during the daylight hours.  He's a busy guy.

I am busy. Just two days ago somebody gave me a Samsung S21 they find down by the lake. The protective cover was full of water. I can't get it to take a charge. I tried to get the phone apart but I'm afraid I might damage it too much.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I'd like to encourage anyone who posts infrequently, or who has joined but has yet to post, to jump in and help liven the place!

I could readily understand how a person might be reluctant to jump in, particularly since in some of the threads it's clear the 'regulars' are quite familiar with each other.

That said, to anyone who may be thinking about jumping in:  Whatever you post certainly will be no worse than the drivel already found here.  :nodhead:

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I'd like to encourage anyone who posts infrequently, or who has joined but has yet to post, to jump in and help liven the place!

I could readily understand how a person might be reluctant to jump in, particularly since in some of the threads it's clear the 'regulars' are quite familiar with each other.

That said, to anyone who may be thinking about jumping in:  Whatever you post certainly will be no worse than the drivel already found here.  :nodhead:

+1,000,000

Honestly, it is impossible for a new n00b to post anything worse then the current n00bs post, so the bar is set low enough that anything they add is already mid-level at least!

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Honestly, it is impossible for a new n00b to post anything worse then the current n00bs post, so the bar is set low enough that anything they add is already mid-level at least!

"Honestly"? You must be kidding me.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 12:53 PM, donkpow said:

I am busy. Just two days ago somebody gave me a Samsung S21 they find down by the lake. The protective cover was full of water. I can't get it to take a charge. I tried to get the phone apart but I'm afraid I might damage it too much.

There are usually online instructions for how to take apart phones that don't have replaceable batteries - so you can replace the battery.

• Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

There are usually online instructions for how to take apart phones that don't have replaceable batteries - so you can replace the battery.

Yeah, Don is just being coy.  He is a master at getting those "found" phones working again. 

• Hugs 1

6 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Bad news for Don and Tom that no one new is stumbling into this Hotel California. :D

True.  We have noobs, new noobs and even new new noobs but we just can't seem to acquire any new new new noobs.  I blame the noobs.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1