Sell it whole or part it out?

Wilbur

I wonder with todays bike market which way might be best to an N-1.

I think it is time to get rid of my old Bianchi.  I haven't ridden it in 3 years.  In 2001, I replace the aging and worn out Campy with 105 Flight Deck.  Most components were replaced due to over use or the odd crash.  It has a Brookes Limited Edition Alpes de Huez saddle that was ridden once.  The wheel sets are early Open Pro's, back when they were a bullet proof wheel.  

It won't appeal to a vintage collector and probably won't attract anywhere near component price.  

What to do... 

You may be able to get more by parting it oot, but that will require a lot of time. And you'll probably have a few components left over. If you want to off it, I'd sell it whole. BTW, those older open pro rims are great. I have a pair still built w/ Ultegra hubs. Rode them for years. Now they are in a closet. I'd like to sell them to someone building up an old bike. The hub is 7 speed hyperglide

• Heart 3

I’d think selling it whole might be the least hassle but could you donate it to a worthy cause? I bike Co Op or a needy college student?  

13 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Nice to see the carpet (tires) matches the drapes (frame)

size?

By the looks of the head tube I’m guessing a 56/57.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1