When you visit ABQ, we can go here.

MoseySusan

32 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

How about an ice cream joint?  One with a few more options than vanilla, chocolate, & strawberry?

There’s no local ice cream in ABQ. But there is gelato. Frost is a regional brand. 
https://www.frostgelato.com/

Paleta Bar is better than ice cream.
https://www.thepaletabar.com/

23 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Well that is a 25 year old whisky. Old enough to drink and vote. I prefer the Islay whiskies to Highland but I wouldn’t turn one down if it was offered. I had a glass or two of Macallan that were $55 each. I wasn’t paying so it was ok.

I bought me & a friend a glass of Macallan 12 for his birthday. Can't remember the price, but it was tasty. This was my only time having it. I was impressed how good it was.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

How confusing are the roads there?  All I know about ABQ is that every time Bugs Bunny ended up somewhere he was not supposed to be, he said it was because he took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

IKR?! The roads can be confusing for wascally wabbits. The rest of us do ok, though. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Maybe if it’s your birthday. 

But really… what are you looking for in a spendy dram of whiskey? Flavor…warmth…the experience…

I would not spend $50 on a dram in most likely hood.  I like lighter, fruitier, scotches, so I drink Highlands and Speyside.  I really like the Glenmorangie scotches.  I would want something with some vanilla and citrus and spice and not much of the smokey or peaty tastes.

I seldom spend more than $50 - 75 on a bottle.  Have never spent that on a single glass.

19 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Totally not the peaty. :blink:  Tried it, and can say that I'm not a fan.

I'm also not a whiskey drinker, so peaty notes are lost on me. I can do caramel, vanilla, spice...

You would like the Glenmorangie Lasanta I think.  Really any of the Glenmorangies are very nice.

Balvenie Doublewood  is also very nice.

6 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

I had a glass or two of Macallan that were $55 each. I wasn’t paying so it was ok.

I had a $50 shot of Macallan.  Honestly, I liked the 12 year age better at about 1/5 of the price.  But I no longer drink so nobody cares what I think.  Wait.  Nobody ever cared about what I think.  Carry on.

41 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I had a $50 shot of Macallan.  Honestly, I liked the 12 year age better at about 1/5 of the price.  But I no longer drink so nobody cares what I think.  Wait.  Nobody ever cared about what I think.  Carry on.

I care. :console:

There are cool places in ABQ that have no drinking. When you visit, I’ll take you there. 

• Hugs 1