YIB....

Bikeguy

30 minutes ago, Further said:

I have that same spreader, but I bought mine used, and already assembled.

They even applied the 'Agri-Fab' label upside-down on on the hopper.   :facepalm:   I was able to pull the label off and reapply it correctly. 

When it's finally assembled, it should look like this on the back of my DJ tractor.   I just purchsed yet another bag of fertilizer good for 15,000 square feet.   I have 3 bags now, I may need more.  

image.thumb.png.c5f228003d71478ec0bfc8689d36de60.png

• Heart 2

UPDATE:

So today I received the missing part.  At least that was the plan.  They sent a part I already have.  :angry:

I told the person I needed the tube identified as #3 in the instructions.   They sent the #4 tube. Ii already have that tube. :angry::angry:  

image.png.54864ba4b4cdb05f2c9e4ce2de60542f.png

I called the support number AGAIN.   I once AGAIN explained the problem.    And I explained the tube that I received was the WRONG part.  :angry::angry:

I'll see what I get from them in a few days.   I'm not betting they will get this correct. 

To be continued....

• Sad 2

Yesterday I built the spreader and there were no other issues.  :party:

image.thumb.png.785eade791811ee476cfa2d859a5d9c0.png

Early this morning I used 3 bags of weed & feed and fertilized the lawn. 

The difficult part was not exceeding 3 mph.   I actually read the instructions for the spreader, and 3 mph was the recommended speed for using the spreader.  At or above 6 mph there was a warning that the excessive speed could destroy the gears in the axle.   I found when the engine on the JD was slowest, the speed was OK.    The other problem was measuring the speed.   My Garmin watch in the bike mode, displays the speed. :)

• Heart 4

On 5/6/2022 at 1:50 PM, Bikeguy said:

Yesterday I bought a spreader to be towed behind my JD tractor.

image.thumb.png.7fc0598d9ce85c9db3bc0fb223171998.png

Today I wanted to assemble the spreader.    That's when I understood what "Made in USA with global materials"  means.   I the guy making the spreader, and I live in the US.

image.png.74ee69ee67f2e49fcfb507a20a0d5225.png

image.png.bb8a14fe52dfdca74b32bb5ca84e6100.png

I found that they didn't send 5 washers. :angry:  I had some in my stash of stuff I can use.     So then I started to build the spreader. 

I got to step 2 in the instructions and I was done.  

The second picture, has a red circle around one of the two bars that connect the hitch to the axle.    Notice... there is only ONE bar.  :angry::angry::angry:

I called the 800 number for the spreader.   They have already shipped the missing bar, and the 5 washers.

To be continued....

you need a new tractor to pull it.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

you need a new tractor to pull it.

The JD X390 tractor in the picture is only 1 year old with 48 hours of use.   That's new enough...   ;)

The 27 year old JD 325 tractor I have is now used for snow removal.  Once a month in the summer it gets used to mow for an hour, just to keep things working.   It now has 1048 hours of use.

This was when I took the snow blade off and installed the mower deck a few weeks ago.  The old plastic hood had become very brittle.  The duct tape is way cheaper than the $800 they want for a new hood. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e7cf23cc29e2983d154ee61c4e500bdb.jpeg

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

The JD X390 tractor in the picture is only 1 year old with 48 hours of use.   That's new enough...   ;)

The 27 year old JD 325 tractor I have is now used for snow removal.  Once a month in the summer it gets used to mow for an hour, just to keep things working.   It now has 1048 hours of use.

This was when I took the snow blade off and installed the mower deck a few weeks ago.  The old plastic hood had become very brittle.  The duct tape is way cheaper than the $800 they want for a new hood. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e7cf23cc29e2983d154ee61c4e500bdb.jpeg

You could splurge for some green duct tape. :)

• Haha 3